Bike jacking Delma's rd again

militarac

2 hours ago, dave303e said:

Does anyone have a more precise location along the Delmas road where this happened?

The one was shown quite near the Grootfontein entrance.
The other was a photo of where the sinkhole is.

6 hours ago, Gravel king said:

This lady was also bike jacked around Kibler park yesterday. 

Screenshot_2023-03-22-07-21-51-73_3bb53944894d9646ec5754b62cc2584b.jpg

That bike worth pennies. What a shitshow :( hope they catch the c£#nts and throw the book at them. 

1 hour ago, IceCreamMan said:

That bike worth pennies. What a shitshow :( hope they catch the c£#nts and throw the book at them. 

No disrespect to the lady, but I'm sure Ive seen her in the area riding solo - and the area isnt exactly the safest either

1 minute ago, 117 said:

No disrespect to the lady, but I'm sure Ive seen her in the area riding solo - and the area isnt exactly the safest either

Also been there multiple times in the past, SOLO  🙈.  Yeah, always got an uneasy feeling in that area.

4 minutes ago, TheoG said:

Also been there multiple times in the past, SOLO  🙈.  Yeah, always got an uneasy feeling in that area.

That area has been an issue since the 90's. I recall a cyclist being shot there way back then.

Seems to go quiet for a long time and then flare up again every now and then.

Edited by The Ouzo

11 hours ago, Wannabe said:

"Politically correct" way to try and avoid saying straight out that it was four armed black men who robbed them, in order not to offend the snowflakes out there.

Fork that. They were black. End of story. They weren't coloured, Indian, white, Eskimo, Chinese or Latin. They were black. If that offends anyone then deal with it. I'm sick and tired of the need to pander to society. If people want to call a spade a shovel that's their business, but I call a spade a spade. 

That's part of the problem why society looks the way it does. Because people are so sensitive to be inoffensive that they'd accept a crime over an offence. 

It's time for society to catch a wake up. Referring to a black man as being a black man is not offensive, nor is it stereotyping. It's just pointing out an obvious fact. People need to stop playing the fkn race card every time. Not everything in life is racist.

This has been my regular route since Covid . I have ridden there many times alone . Buffels no more , now delmas no more .Groenkloof trails unkept .I prefer to ride alone .Since the sinkhole is fixed the trucks are abundant again . Not safe anyway

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/22/2023 at 8:01 AM, Spinnekop said:

3rd time in a week.
Last Saturday.
This Saturday and now Tuesday also.

Same modus operandi.
Same car.

Is there a plate for the car? Has it been flagged?

Hate that post hijack jitters. Traumatising as hell. We should probably hide airtags on our bikes and track these guys. Been putting it off. I'll buy one today and in case of unfortunate events send some bigger bader more paraat guys than myself to retrieve my bike. 

On 3/22/2023 at 8:32 AM, KidCharlemagne said:

It originates in radio communication (think police) where bravo represents the letter b

Phonetic alphabet. To help create a uniform alphabet 

57 minutes ago, Theunissa said:

Phonetic alphabet. To help create a uniform alphabet 

Also redundant in this context. 

23 hours ago, V18 said:

Hate that post hijack jitters. Traumatising as hell. We should probably hide airtags on our bikes and track these guys. Been putting it off. I'll buy one today and in case of unfortunate events send some bigger bader more paraat guys than myself to retrieve my bike. 

No need to hide it, you could just get one of these, they will be non the wiser.

https://www.takealot.com/lezyne-matrix-air-cage/PLID92540855?gclid=CjwKCAjw586hBhBrEiwAQYEnHV8af4lnljfmDKEZ3WI54hu9JrzyTrlqIIeJk3ybu7UGQZ_uSNko3xoCYP0QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds