• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

Haaaaa! Is that the red climb after the pallet bridge?

Yip. Did a Blue, Red & Yellow. Let's just say the holiday is over!!! :-)

Guest notmyname

Yip. Did a Blue, Red & Yellow. Let's just say the holiday is over!!! :-)

Rad. I love that climb.

Along Main Road through Observatory, then right in Durham Road to the Salt River circle and along Albert Road to the Old Brewery. Then right into Lower Church street and on the bridge left onto the cycle path from the Church Street Bus Station. I wait at the station for another cyclist or a group to come past and then I join them for the dodgy stretch to Paarden Eiland. From there I happily ride alone again all the way to Melkbos and beyond. Coming back I join a fellow rider again through Paarden Eiland and I stay wide awake near the Old Biscuit Mill 9especially on a Saturday) because of the very congested traffic in the area. The way people drive when they are looking for parking is just bad for my health!  

Ahh, ok, Thanks.

Was hoping it was a different route. I dont want any encouters with the HL's in the area.

Ahh, ok, Thanks.

Was hoping it was a different route. I dont want any encouters with the HL's in the area.

I've tried as well, but the only other options are either into the city centre and then along the N1 (balls too small) and left into Marine drive, Paarden Eiland ..................or (the other extreme) along the M5 and the Koeberg interchange (pure madness).

Main  and  Albert Roads are quite wide and easy early in the morning, and pretty safe from a traffic and crime point of view. There are just enough people around to make a mugging unlikely. The Cycle lane between the Church Street and Paarden Eiland  bus stations is just too quiet and not visible to security, so, that is the crime problem area. The City and police allow vagrants to occupy this area unlawfully and to damage the fencing, creating easy escape routes for criminals. Unfortunately that is the only really safe (from a traffic perspective) link between the Southern Suburbs and the Blouberg cycle lane.

Sad situation. THIS is why the cycle land will fail as a public transport route! :(

I decided to start the new year off with a bang,so on Friday morning I left home,Worcester, at about 03:00 and set off,in the dark, for Gansbay.

I was counting on getting breakfast at McDonalds,but they were closed,so I set off on a empty stomach.The sky was overcast,so it was a nice cool run untill around Botriver when the clouds opened up and the sun came out in full force.

As I passed Hawsten and went round the foot of the mounten to Vermont the wind picked up and hit me head on,managed to reach Hermanus with a tired body,sore leggs and a hungry stomach.I decided to aban5cc9fed4f0996abf8a4f3b1e57ea836b.jpgb94ccf6e090b826808b2f77e59784377.jpgbedbfdccbfbf24a2a5d9a4c0249907ab.jpg564dd9d43f5731c7ba337ee93bc370d3.jpgdon the final 40km and my wife came to pic me up in Hermanus.

Fairly relaxed commute this morning through Midrand up Old Pretoria road past Grand Central and the mosque:

attachicon.gifIMG_0261.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_0262.JPG

See you did a fair amount of kilometers last week.

How is the body feeling?