• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

So there is this local race in Hartbeesfontein, - Hartbees Mieliemyl they change the route every year..but I think the route of this year will stick..

The "60km" (actually a bit less) is 3 laps of the most incredible mtb in our area.. and no it's not flat.

40km is 2 laps and the 20km has a completely different route.

If you are really fast you may past some riders during the race. (I am not fast and only past a couple of 40km back markers towards the end) But they have made it so that there are no bottlenecks.

The few downhills are awesome there is a section in the middle of the lap that has probably one the fastest single-tracks I have ridden..it is so flowing it's like your bike is on rails.

The wind was crazy though and made the already challenging route extra hard.. and when I say crazy I mean it..it blew me off the trail a few times.

I highly recommend it for next year for those who like the smaller events. The whole community get involved, so it has a special feel.

b7fb09b3eabdc7f90a1dfd432cefe152.jpg

PS there is also a road race and a trail running event

Edited by Gen

Lekker almost 60km ride in wet, muddy, cool and overcasted weather today. This new wheelset rolls so nice and although the Icons rolls nice they have got boggerol grip.

post-32865-1487500374132.jpgpost-32865-14875003903581.jpgpost-32865-14875003995606.jpgpost-32865-14875004154958.jpgpost-32865-14875004239591.jpgpost-32865-1487500434348.jpgpost-32865-1487500445215.jpg

"Keep the rubber on the gravel "

Where is that wave pool...is it fresh normal pool water?

Wadi Adventures, Al Ain, near Abu Dhabi...fresh water, it was running @ Level 4 about 3-5 foot, can be cranked right up to Level 6, max 6 guys in the water, waves every 90 secs, sessions 1hr long, if you alone, max 6 waves, if you share with at least one other, the full hour applies. No dropping in! Wave can be A-frame down the middle with left and right together, or either right or left.

Costs AED 200/$54/R712/hr for "Free Surf" session. Board thrown in...

Would be nice if it was longer.....gotta watch not to nose dive the close out on the concrete beach!

Did some riding Saturday in Bouillon, Belgium. Roped in an old Hero 2 to get some footage and threw together a quick edit. 

https://youtu.be/Al6rlFf6wv8

Was nice and frosty, but warmed up a tad. Had a small pedal strike against a root and ended up bending my non-drive side crank arm!  :cursing:

Lekker!

Doesn't sound like a small pedal strike to bend a crank arm! What crankset was on there?!

Lekker!

Doesn't sound like a small pedal strike to bend a crank arm! What crankset was on there?!

Edit: Brand spanking new SRAM GX crankset.

That's the thing. It wasn't that hectic. Tapped a root and got a bit bucked and when I started pedalling again I could feel the pedal twisting / oscillating under-foot. I initially thought I bent the pedal spindle or something.

When I got home I checked the pedal and it's 100%. Put the left Saint pedal from my wife's bike on and the same story.

It almost seems as if the pedal hole in the crank arm is bent, as the pedals don't thread in or out as easily as they should.

Edited by ØÐINSȪƝ