Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

Where is the pic of the inevitable case that followed?

No case just flat landed ....not enough balls to launch and clear the road ( yet)

• Replies 30.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

No case just flat landed ....not enough balls to launch and clear the road ( yet)

How long is the run-in to the gap? 

Just need a little pop to clear it, by the looks of it. 

How long is the run-in to the gap? 

Just need a little pop to clear it, by the looks of it. 

Quit long actually its just after A huge pedal section , the road is probs just over 3m  wide

Peach usually comes in fast pops on the pallet and then flys 6-7m and lands on the slope far down ( i just need to get my mind there to do it )

Edited by BaGearA

Quit long actually its just after A huge pedal section , the road is probs just over 3m  wide

Peach usually comes in fast pops on the pallet and then flys 6-7m and lands on the slope far down ( i just need to get my mind there to do it )

My experience with road gaps: get a feel for the entry speed and just commit and huck it. 

giphy.gif

hakahana enduro this past weekend

Is that frame being held together on the downtube with inner tubes?[emoji33] [emoji6]

Hou die rubber op die grond!

Is that frame being held together on the downtube with inner tubes?[emoji33] [emoji6]

Hou die rubber op die grond!

Secret suspension technology for big flat landings  ;)

"just" a commute from work back home.  :thumbup:

Being back on the bike after spending last weekend in bed with the flu.....  :thumbup:  

having a commute where every single robot was kind to me ....  :clap:   :clap:

Getting rain in the Western Cape  :w00t:   :clap:   :thumbup:

and getting a day of nice weather to fit in a commute.  What a good week !!

What a way to start the weekend .... commute to work on a Friday morning.

October last year I could not cycle up Suikerbossie (16 years of bikes and bust knees ..)

kept on doing the commute - twee-kamp style ..... cycle most of the way and walk two of the steep hills.

Today I gave it some stick .... kept the cadence up, slightly higher gear, twice my normal speed, and when the hill stepped up I got out the saddle and kicked it .... 155 to 162 bpm.  Recovered in about 90 seconds, knees are fine .....  

had to do a quick basin-bath at work ...  :whistling:   (will keep the morning commute more sedate, but the afternoon commute is getting to be FUN)

BUSY day at Meerendal -

post-110956-0-77769700-1503743554_thumb.jpg

absolutely fantastic vibe !  Most experienced riders were patiently waiting for the rest of us up the stairway to heaven.  And dads spending some real quality time with kids -

post-110956-0-67904600-1503743680_thumb.jpg

and the higher you go the nicer the view !!!!

post-110956-0-06887300-1503743709_thumb.jpg

I did get up Dorst Berg (though I walked most of the way ... my personal goal is to ride more of it each time), then you get the guys that do 2 or 3 runs up it .... RESPECT !

I did get up Dorst Berg (though I walked most of the way ... my personal goal to ride more of it each time), then you get the guys that do 2 or 3 runs up it .... RESPECT !

post-110956-0-56274700-1503743929_thumb.jpg

post-110956-0-20592300-1503743978_thumb.jpg

Almost feels like spring is here.  

Beautiful riding in the Hemel and Aarde valley on trustee bamboo.  Great weather, new friends, lots of bike talk.  

Seems like a perfect Sat morning ride...and then we got to the end-of-ride coffee destination, devastated!

post-110180-0-94017300-1503748015_thumb.jpg

post-110180-0-27071800-1503748024_thumb.jpg

post-110180-0-95123900-1503748039_thumb.jpg