• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

Bike rental options are super limited here in Crewe. They have a bike recycling centre which does similar to what build a bike does, they've sold me this barracuda as a buy back to go exploring.

attachicon.gifIMG_20171005_142622.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20171005_142657.jpg

Bentley factory attachicon.gifIMG_20171005_142646.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_20171005_142630.jpg

attachicon.gif20171005_143918.jpg

I know I've made fun of that bike, but I'm willing to be seen on it if you invite me along next time.......????

Sent from my Vodacom Power Tab 10 using Tapatalk

Worcester .... Bergland, for the DueQauttro fundride.

The event was previously hosted inside Worcester.  

Starting on a koppie with a STEEP downhill start it made for a VERY hairy start .....  Not often you start in top gear and is doing 40km/h by the third pedal ..... First time for me to exceed 54km/h on gravel roads ..... 

BUT, what goes down must go up .... 210m climb in the last 3,5km, with 100m of this in the last 1,2km !!

PERFECT weather !!  16 degrees, no wind, slight overcast.

post-110956-0-57873300-1507399235_thumb.jpg

The photo does NOT do it justice !! The start DROPS !!!!

post-110956-0-79406700-1507399263_thumb.jpg

and if you took a moment, there were so many nice things to see

post-110956-0-95347600-1507399341_thumb.jpg

After the first 1,5km of the climb I stopped at the stream and washed down my face and neck with the nice cool water

The stream ...

post-110956-0-97166700-1507399512_thumb.jpg

Taking a moment to build up the courage for the steep climb to the end .... this would be my first such climb after getting back on a bike after a 16 year break .....

post-110956-0-05620400-1507399607_thumb.jpg

With 1km to go and almost 100m climb I stopped to take in the beauty of Spring (my story and I am sticking to it)

post-110956-0-30708000-1507399716_thumb.jpg

I rode up that hill !!  No walking !!! no ebike, no mechanical doping ....  :clap:   :clap:   :clap:  

(my legs feel okay, but my shoulders feel it ...  :whistling:   :wacko: )

Starting on a koppie with a STEEP downhill start it made for a VERY hairy start ..... Not often you start in top gear and is doing 40km/h by the third pedal ..... First time for me to exceed 54km/h on gravel roads .....

BUT, what goes down must go up .... 210m climb in the last 3,5km, with 100m of this in the last 1,2km !!

PERFECT weather !! 16 degrees, no wind, slight overcast.

attachicon.gifCW-2.jpg

attachicon.gifCW-3.jpg

attachicon.gifCW-4.jpg

After the first 1,5km of the climb I stopped at the stream and washed down my face and neck with the nice cool water

Like the Trek? [emoji6] or the nice little saddlebag light? [emoji23] Nice pic Chrisf

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Like the Trek? [emoji6] or the nice little saddlebag light? [emoji23] Nice pic Chrisf

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

or maybe the SMALL grapes .... spring is in the air and there is just so much to see out there at the moment.  :thumbup:

But NOT when you are doing 50+ on gravel roads !!  :eek:

OR, maybe that lovely dual suspension !!!  :clap:   Had to smile at the guys on the hardtails standing on the pegs racing down that bumpy gravel road .....  :whistling:   .... okay, they may just have smiled when it made me work a bit harder back up the hill ... 

.... have found myself on dark roads without a light before, so now the light is always on there ....

Starting on a koppie with a STEEP downhill start it made for a VERY hairy start ..... Not often you start in top gear and is doing 40km/h by the third pedal ..... First time for me to exceed 54km/h on gravel roads .....

PERFECT weather !! 16 degrees, no wind, slight overcast.

attachicon.gifCW-2.jpg

attachicon.gifCW-3.jpg

attachicon.gifCW-4.jpg

Where did the event start from Chris?

How did you enjoy our local "trails" and terrain?

Having to work on Saturdays and missing out on these events right on my doorstep sucks pretty hard.

Sent from my SM-J111F using Tapatalk

It started at Bergland. 5km outside Worcester.

Lots of routes on the farm ... some routes marked for cyclists and runners only

Worth speaking to them ....

Sheesh, Hubbers have been riding interesting places :thumbup: while I spent a week in the middle of Bikeless Nowhere.  :thumbdown: But I did get to do other great stuff! :clap:

The River trail at FUN Gaalen...

Not enough can be said about how fah-lippen awesome this stretch of trail is!

It's such a pity that thanks to some riders who have been utter boxes  (and an unreasonable land owner/tenant) the last less than a km has been blocked and the trail can thusly not be completed and you have to double back...

HOWEVER... there's still SO much of the trail on both banks of the river, you still need to stretch your face super wide to fit the smile from riding it!

post-6012-0-98407100-1507460010_thumb.jpg

Although an act of arson, destroyed most of the famous reed tunnels.. there're still some left.. the new ones are growing pretty quick too! :clap:

post-6012-0-70193500-1507460035_thumb.jpg

Some of the Warrior obstacles along the route 

post-6012-0-55934200-1507460116_thumb.jpg

A tricky suspension bridge to end  off the ride...

post-6012-0-35076800-1507460151_thumb.jpg

I LOVE this place!!

Zone 2.293 To Stellenbosch For A Cappucino

attachicon.gifFullSizeRender-197.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_2791.JPG

Good to see they still have some Dylan Lewis sculptures in Stellies. :thumbup:  He is without a doubt our greatest modern sculptor and lives just outside of town where he has an amazing sculpture garden that is well worth a visit.

Also, I thought it very appropriate taking a picture of your bike next to the cheetah......fastest and all........just home you have more stamina!  :ph34r:

Around the city of Amsterdam on my commuter for breakfast coffee then lunch and some more coffee. 

A wet yet very pleasant cycle on the most beautiful autumn morning. Still getting to know this amazing city. 

post-43518-0-13815400-1507474466_thumb.jpg

Edited by J∆kk∆ls