Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

Speaking of a Physio, I have a good progressive workout that will help strengthen the area affected. It takes time and should only done when the Doc says you can stretch.

1. Lift a 500g potato bag, shoulder height. Start with 10s, and increase it by 10s each day.

2. In the second week, move up to a 1Kg bag, and repeat each 10s increase each day.

3. Third week is a 5Kg bag

4. Fourth week is a 10Kg bag

5. Fifth week is a 20Kg bag

6. last week is a 50Kg bag. That’s where I am at the moment. 

7. Once you can hold a 50Kg bag, at shoulder height, for 1 minutes, with arms straight… add a potato to the bag. 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Frosty

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/2/2022 at 4:30 PM, fanievb said:

My bike (and a distracted pedestrian) took me to a special club of cyclists 

IMG-20220702-WA0008.jpg.40fa267b9b2dea0b2a81b23647fc54b8.jpg

Ai Fanie, sorry to see that. Hope you heal up quick and proper!

Having fallen prey to my incessant lusting and reminiscing about a Rook Scout, and a SS, this bike unexpectedly jumped onto my bike rack this Saturday. It means I'll need to let Ou Stuk *** go to fund it, but I'm pleased as punch with that trade.

image.png.7fa14344c64ddf8e19d8132135ad067a.png

Straddling a Scout again was like coming home to a clean house with a crisp Milk Stout already poured waiting on the counter. Single speeding is exactly what I'd hoped it would be, removing any form of filter from just experiencing riding a bike. My obsession with Stranger Things and being reckless enough to attempt most of one of our hilliest routes on its first outing has made me dub it Hellfire (what my quads were feeling grinding up Fisher's Hill). I was hollering and giggling like a maniac the whole ride, just pure unadulterated, unfiltered, comfortable and nimble fun! There's something primal about grinding up something steep at 40rpm, and once you reach terminal cadence on the flats you sit up and just enjoy the experience. 

image.png.3cbda15063d987d9236173bf2312bc83.png

As chalk and cheese a combo as you can get - A cheapo 650B steel singlespeed and a top-of-the-pops eTAP carbon-everything Grail.

image.png.6e88bd4b4126d597dc05648c945b3239.png

Edited by TyronLab

10 minutes ago, TyronLab said:

Having fallen prey to my incessant lusting and reminiscing about a Rook Scout, and a SS, this bike unexpectedly jumped onto my bike rack this Saturday. It means I'll need to let Ou Stuk *** go to fund it, but I'm pleased as punch with that trade.

image.png.7fa14344c64ddf8e19d8132135ad067a.png

Straddling a Scout again was like coming home to a clean house with a crisp Milk Stout already poured waiting on the counter. Single speeding is exactly what I'd hoped it would be, removing any form of filter from just experiencing riding a bike. My obsession with Stranger Things and being reckless enough to attempt most of one of our hilliest routes on its first outing has made me dub it Hellfire (what my quads were feeling grinding up Fisher's Hill).

image.png.3cbda15063d987d9236173bf2312bc83.png

As chalk and cheese a combo as you can get - A cheapo 650B steel singlespeed and a top-of-the-pops eTAP carbon-everything Grail.

image.png.6e88bd4b4126d597dc05648c945b3239.png

Fischers on a SS, you're a brave man.

Sexy bike that. Congrats

Strange thing happened yesterday.

Heading out to Alberton, near Dawn Park, dual carriage way both sides, there is a cyclist on the opposite side of the road and gestures to me as I get closer, I slow down and try and establish if he needs assistance, he says something that I dont really hear properly. So I stop.

He comes across to the grass between the 2 sides of the road, to which I do the same.

Says he is looking for riding partners and after a brief conversation says I should take his number and whatsapp him when I ride that area again so we can ride together.

Thinking about it afterwards it could easily have been a ploy to get me to stop and bike hack  me, thankfully it didnt happen, but I still think its strange and my trust no-one thinking has me thinking there is more to this. 

It was a little silly on my part as my guard was down whilst talking to him.

Week 6 of integrative care. Privileged man I am.

Kniekop is day 3 without bandaging. Infrared laser treatment a few times a work on the brain to recover any damage in the neurological network. I may be even cognitively sharper after this rehabilitation. 😃

Taking the opportunity to work on my pull-ups in gym. 
Be safe out there, julle. 

F9E13A53-15F3-4368-A643-035EE38F6036.jpeg

1 hour ago, 'Dale said:

Kniekop is day 3 without bandaging. Infrared laser treatment a few times a work on the brain to recover any damage in the neurological network. I may be even cognitively sharper after this rehabilitation. 😃

Is that the modern version of a thinking cap ?

3 hours ago, 'Dale said:

Put a buff on and you could be a time trialer

10 minutes ago, Spinnekop said:

Put a buff on and you could be a time trialer

Still need a visor..

Ask the receptionist for a ruler. Preferably a clear ruler.

6 minutes ago, throttles said:

Still need a visor..

Ask the receptionist for a ruler. Preferably a clear ruler.

Sweis bril.  
Drill holes in the bottom - "ventilated"

1 hour ago, guidodg said:

DA0D2A71-B12F-48D7-90BA-53A6849D9E92.jpeg

C4ADC75F-646E-4F3A-B405-7C1B877B5E11.jpeg

Looks awesome! Where is this? 

Love the fact that all you can see are mountains - no roads or towns in the background!