Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

3 hours ago, 'Dale said:

Community,

I am a fortunate man. Crashed into the back of a car that stopped on a narrow blind corner on  to swerve an oncoming bus as I floated down a mountain pass. Whatever reaction time I had and my helmet saved my life.

Back in the warm lap of Mama Afrika for ongoing recovery after a few days in a Spanish hospital. Went straight from the airport to see my doctor for integrative care on the weekend. I will recover fully. 
Be safe out there, julle.

8E8A3CAA-6EF0-472F-A0D6-FA34E080A3A2.jpeg

Glad you are okay ... 

That helmet sure did its work !!!

Please tell more about the bike rental and how they deal with this ....

• Replies 30.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, 'Dale said:

Community,

I am a fortunate man. Crashed into the back of a car that stopped on a narrow blind corner on  to swerve an oncoming bus as I floated down a mountain pass. Whatever reaction time I had and my helmet saved my life.

Back in the warm lap of Mama Afrika for ongoing recovery after a few days in a Spanish hospital. Went straight from the airport to see my doctor for integrative care on the weekend. I will recover fully. 

Sterkte, 'dale

4 hours ago, 'Dale said:

Community,

How did I miss this one?
All the best tjom... speedy recovery.

21 hours ago, 'Dale said:

Community,

Sorry to hear that.
That is not how you wanted to finish your holiday.
Glad you are (mostly) OK. Be careful with that recovery and pay attention to any concussion symptoms.
Hope you are back on your bike soon!

14 hours ago, Wayne pudding Mol said:

More of the same, beautiful islands, lovely nooks and crannies and spectacular climbs on smooth roads 

17D27346-245A-4BC9-8B3B-CCB521AA25D9.jpeg

That looks amazing

Rental bike with a Brooks saddle ?
That's pretty cool!

6 hours ago, splat said:

That looks amazing

Rental bike with a Brooks saddle ?
That's pretty cool!

Rental bike with my brooks saddle and my pedals - I’m absolutely in love with bike 1085 

3 x 9 shimano and rides like a dream and incredibly comfortable  - makes me wonder why I ride such a fancy bike 

On 5/30/2022 at 11:02 AM, 'Dale said:

Community,

@Dale why the silence ?

Hope you are okay ....

15 hours ago, Trashy said:

First time at Hoogekraal this morning.

Man that new descent Duran is building looks lekker spicy. I can't wait to give it a go. Finally a good reason to start doing laps at Hoogies. I will be getting lekker fit now again pedalling up that hill a couple times on Saturday mornings.

14 hours ago, ChrisF said:

@Dale why the silence ?

Hope you are okay ....

Picking up the pieces, ChrisF, thank you for asking. Surrounded by good loving support. Taking it hour by hour. 

Heading back to the doc today for wound management. For those that asked about concussion, I am happy to report that I am free from any concussion. The POC product promotes their brand around high standards of safety. Well, I cannot dispute that.

I am relearning how fragile life actually is.

1C951C0B-98C3-43D1-AD14-FC32D0D8C086.jpeg