Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

2 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

Picking up the pieces, ChrisF, thank you for asking. Surrounded by good loving support. Taking it hour by hour. 

Heading back to the doc today for wound management. For those that asked about concussion, I am happy to report that I am free from any concussion. The POC product promotes their brand around high standards of safety. Well, I cannot dispute that.

I am relearning how fragile life actually is.

Be safe out there, julle.

1C951C0B-98C3-43D1-AD14-FC32D0D8C086.jpeg

That coffee looks the business.

Glad you're okay 'Dale. You sound like you were sure lucky. It could have ended so differently. 

Stay safe and heal up well, bud. The roads aren't going anywhere. And enjoy the pampering you're getting, cause sadly that too does not last forever.

• Replies 30.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/30/2022 at 11:02 AM, 'Dale said:

Community,

I am a fortunate man. Crashed into the back of a car that stopped on a narrow blind corner on  to swerve an oncoming bus as I floated down a mountain pass. Whatever reaction time I had and my helmet saved my life.

Back in the warm lap of Mama Afrika for ongoing recovery after a few days in a Spanish hospital. Went straight from the airport to see my doctor for integrative care on the weekend. I will recover fully. 

8E8A3CAA-6EF0-472F-A0D6-FA34E080A3A2.jpeg

ag nee Dale. Sorry to hear that. Heal up fast

1 hour ago, 'Dale said:

Picking up the pieces, ChrisF, thank you for asking. Surrounded by good loving support. Taking it hour by hour. 

Heading back to the doc today for wound management. For those that asked about concussion, I am happy to report that I am free from any concussion. The POC product promotes their brand around high standards of safety. Well, I cannot dispute that.

I am relearning how fragile life actually is.

1C951C0B-98C3-43D1-AD14-FC32D0D8C086.jpeg

You are obviously on the right medication, looking at your picture!

On 5/30/2022 at 11:02 AM, 'Dale said:

Community,

I am a fortunate man. Crashed into the back of a car that stopped on a narrow blind corner on  to swerve an oncoming bus as I floated down a mountain pass. Whatever reaction time I had and my helmet saved my life.

Back in the warm lap of Mama Afrika for ongoing recovery after a few days in a Spanish hospital. Went straight from the airport to see my doctor for integrative care on the weekend. I will recover fully. 

Heal up and new helmet day is always awesome. 

On 5/30/2022 at 10:02 AM, 'Dale said:

Community,

glad to see you are ok...

Every morning starts the same way with breakfast on the boat whilst the bikes are unloaded 

I have fallen in love with my 3x9 hybrid and every day starts with a 4/5 km 400m climb roughly 10% but the roads are so smooth and the gradient so consistent 

The Croatian islands are simply stunning and we stop daily for a swim in some cove 

This package is a little less challenging than I’d like but it’s an older crowd of Euros 

the only drawback is that I cannot go explore on my own in the mornings or post ride as the bikes are loaded back on board 

0F81DA48-55F9-4508-A519-80196602026E.jpeg

561FA74B-64FF-40AB-9398-AD11357C63B2.jpeg

1 hour ago, Wayne pudding Mol said:

....The Croatian islands are simply stunning and we stop daily for a swim in some cove 

Friends booked their trip for 2020 .... after multiple false starts they are there now.

They did this ride yesterday ... rented Spez ebikes.

Screenshot_20220602-082236_Strava.jpg.f478955b8add226909756bc56b066052.jpg

1400m climbing in only 51km ride ... 

Wayne ENJOY the trip 👍👍

Edited by ChrisF

3 hours ago, NotSoBigBen said:

Lekker ride out with great company, took the 'cool kid' bike as @Pikeycalls it knowing what company it would be keeping 😎

IMG-20220602-WA0003.jpg

Had to take the “cool bike” out for a spin, it’s been standing for almost 2 months .  Good to catch up mate and ride a new route, 👌 as always . 

Edited by Pikey

8 hours ago, Wayne pudding Mol said:

Every morning starts the same way with breakfast on the boat whilst the bikes are unloaded 

I have fallen in love with my 3x9 hybrid and every day starts with a 4/5 km 400m climb roughly 10% but the roads are so smooth and the gradient so consistent 

The Croatian islands are simply stunning and we stop daily for a swim in some cove 

This package is a little less challenging than I’d like but it’s an older crowd of Euros 

the only drawback is that I cannot go explore on my own in the mornings or post ride as the bikes are loaded back on board 

0F81DA48-55F9-4508-A519-80196602026E.jpeg

561FA74B-64FF-40AB-9398-AD11357C63B2.jpeg

have you spotted any dragons or drunk dwarfs yet?