• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, NotSoBigBen said:

The less said about today's ride the better as Frosty has alluded to ????

The loop through 'Suikers', as the cool kids call it,  was the easy part ???? 

20211106_075211.jpg

The wind was absolutely horrible today. 1st Saturday I have been slightly thankful my sons cricket takes up my sat mornings .

The solo ride home must of been tough. Kudos mate ????????????????

8 minutes ago, Pikey said:

The wind was absolutely horrible today. 1st Saturday I have been slightly thankful my sons cricket takes up my sat mornings .

The solo ride home must of been tough. Kudos mate ????????????????

Was in Germiston yesterday with work. Not sure I've seen so much wind in Jozi ever. ????

34 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

Was in Germiston yesterday with work. Not sure I've seen so much wind in Jozi ever. ????

The wind has seemed to be relentless this year . Never known it so persistent, even for Alberton & surrounds .

Edited by Pikey

My normal Saturday pre work route, anti-clockwise around ORT. 
todays objective was zone 2 ride, head wind on the way out made it slow progress. 

I started having issues changing gears, started with a general not jumping to the next cog very easily, then it would skip a cog here and there. By the time I got half way I was riding a single speed with the occasional shift possible here and there. 
a quick 30 second investigation about 2km from home had me thinking it’s just the cable sticking under the BB. 

after work and lunch today I pulled the bike out to sort it out. Cable under BB moving freely, so i start cleaning and lubing everywhere the inner goes into the outer. Doesn’t help. 
Through all of this I’m starting to feel the levers are not feeling right. 
no problem I think, I’ve had this issue with older sti’s, they just need and clean and a lube. 
So I set about doing this, but it’s not helping. 
this is when I decide to get the hoods further out the way and take off the plastic covers inside the levers. 
this is where i see (I’m not wearing my specs) strands of fiber. Strange as I never use a cloth that could leave fibers. 
investigate further and discover those fibers are actually frayed cable, gear cable has let go. 

long story short I’ve changed the rear gear cable for tomorrows ride. 

2E6B8930-0F45-4770-A38A-968B3D1D46EA.jpeg.de66e0099e92cfbc0cf877082008d5c8.jpeg

4 hours ago, TheoG said:

Look like you stalking the airport .... ????

Yep, I do the loop in the opposite direction weekday mornings.