Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

Got up yesterday, with not much to do except feed me and the dogs. Went to get my weekly shave, but the barber hadn't opened yet, so wandered up the road. Forgot about the last Sunday of the month being the urban market up at the top of my 'burb. Popped in at The Victorian Secret while stalls were being set up, and they told me that if you bought four books for R100, you'd get a free cappuccino. I ended up with macaroons for brekkie and a marmalade-addicted bear as well as java and the books :-)

attachicon.giftvs.jpg      

Those are always  THE COOLEST rides by a mile! :thumbup:

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

Eish. I missed the + in the first question. It's a regular 27.5. Not a plus. I've done my time on fat bikes ????

Hey hey plus is not fat... Easy here.

29+ is the way 29ers should have been so I'd imagine a 27.5+ would be equally awesome.

Those are always  THE COOLEST rides by a mile! :thumbup:

Indeed!  :thumbup:

It pretty much sums up most of my riding these days. I use my car to get to the station* and back, and to fetch my son from school. Other than that, the car parks at home, and I do what ever I need to on my bike. Most of my rides are start-stop affairs to say hello to neighbours, peeps I know and pretty girls walking their doggies  :blush:

*Yes, yes, I could ride to the station, but time's a bit tight in the arfies when I have to get my kid.  :whistling:

Hi,

Some of our people went out from Ladysmith to Mount Spleandour - Northers Berg. This weekend.

Regards

Sarge

My bike took me to the bottom of Henderson this weekend, well almost, down at the bottom it's so steep that even the baboons use walking sticks. I passed Fanie, while he was buggering around with his chain, but then he passed me again, because the ride was 5km too far for my out of condition ass. Henderson 60km is one of the most scenic routes in the Eastern Cape, and there's even more that the riders in the race don't see, because it's too steep for a circular ride.

post-2975-0-01786000-1433159802_thumb.jpg

Some racing snakes that came flying past me

post-2975-0-90649000-1433159802_thumb.jpg

The last crossing over the Thomas River

post-2975-0-02657200-1433159804_thumb.jpg

BTW I decided to use Rouxies "helping riders in distress" guidelines, and only stopped twice, once to offer help to Fanie, and once to offer help to a racing snake, the honey man Andrew, he had all the necessary tools, but his inflator was buggered, so he qualified, two other riders that passed me grinding their gears up the hills had to do their own thing, some time you have to learn to treat your gears with a bit of finesse.

My bike took me to the bottom of Henderson this weekend, well almost, down at the bottom it's so steep that even the baboons use walking sticks. I passed Fanie, while he was buggering around with his chain, but then he passed me again, because the ride was 5km too far for my out of condition ass. Henderson 60km is one of the most scenic routes in the Eastern Cape, and there's even more that the riders in the race don't see, because it's too steep for a circular ride.

attachicon.gifP1010382.jpg

Some racing snakes that came flying past me

attachicon.gifP1010384.jpg

The last crossing over the Thomas River

attachicon.gifP1010385.jpg

BTW I decided to use Rouxies "helping riders in distress" guidelines, and only stopped twice, once to offer help to Fanie, and once to offer help to a racing snake, the honey man Andrew, he had all the necessary tools, but his inflator was buggered, so he qualified, two other riders that passed me grinding their gears up the hills had to do their own thing, some time you have to learn to treat your gears with a bit of finesse.

thx Dean, was truly a nice ride yesterday, despite that &*^# chain. just glad CWC has a sale going as the chain breaking was a result of all the 36One training (drivetrain is stuffed)