• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

who needs europe ^_^

I'm so amped for the sheer amount of good trails in and around the Boland! Testimony to quality of the trailbuilders - Shaun, Bennet etc and the conservations and farmers whom let us use their lands.

But deffo still want to do Europe! Once my skills are a bit more honed.

Thing is, my Trance simply refuses to do things like that. Where do I check on a Trance to see the size of its' balls, I think they may be a bit too small? Where can I buy bigger ones? ;)  :blush:

Whaha, great comment!

I find that if I ride purely to get and stay fit, my skill stays stagnant. If I go for more play-focused rides, choosing my trails accordingly, I will do a 15 - 30km ride, and have one helluva chanllenging time, forcing myself to go faster in difficult sections, and hit things that scare me (within reason - I'm not stupid or blind to my shortcomings), but walk away with a new 'skill' in my bag, and a massive smile on my face.

My suggestion for getting your skills honed - is G-spot. Ride it up and down until you can't feel your legs, but choose sections that you want to nail and focus on them.

Edited by nox1111

Was a bit chilly out there, hey, Brandon78?

Luckily I didn't go with AccuWeather's 18deg prediction, and opted for the comfort of a long sleeve ????

But deffo still want to do Europe! Once my skills are a bit more honed.

No need for more skill. I'd suggest going this year before JZ completely ruins our currency.

No need for more skill. I'd suggest going this year before JZ completely ruins our currency.

When flight specials on Angolan Air starts to look attractive, then you know our currency is junk, notwithstanding what crooked Moodies have to say.

This is the year of the young one. Due in March, so will have to hold back on Mtb excursions. Planning one with OJVJ in 2 years, maybe Lenzerhede :)

This is the year of the young one. Due in March, so will have to hold back on Mtb excursions. Planning one with OJVJ in 2 years, maybe Lenzerhede :)

What is OJVJ? Lenzerheide is too small for an Alpine Virgin. And Switzerland is too expensive for a Saffer. PDS or Leogang/Saalbach for a first timer. I think getting to Leogang is a bit of admin. PDS is cheap. And the trails are AMAAAAAAAAZING!

Possibly Pila/Aosta. Never been to Pila but spent a day in Aosta. It's at the bottom of the valley below Pila. Aosta is amazing. It's somewhere you could deff take the Mrs and there's a trail that runs 17km from the top of Pila right down into Aosta.

Been to the PDS 6 times and I think I've ridden MAYBE 40% of the tracks.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

What is OJVJ? Lenzerheide is too small for an Alpine Virgin. And Switzerland is too expensive for a Saffer. PDS or Leogang/Saalbach for a first timer. I think getting to Leogang is a bit of admin.

Possibly Pila/Aosta. Never been to Pila but spent a day in Aosta. Aosta is amazing. It's somewhere you could deff take the Mrs and there's a trail that runs 17km from the top of Pila right down into Aosta.

Been to the PDS 6 times and I think I've ridden MAYBE 40% of the tracks.

hahaha, OJVJ - hubname for OJ, one of my riding buddies.  My wife grew up in Switzerland, so she can visit schoolfriends, whilst I ride my bike.

Rooikat Run (Oom Hansie ST) - Jonkershoek. Following Bos down the run.

(don't know what's going on with the quality - supposed to be HD - perfect before uploading, and crap thereafter).

Darn.. Take me back! If I may request.. More jumps (slightly bigger) on that last run..!