Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

Sunday took a real easy spin out and back,past Avianto. Had some tired legs after a big day on saturday. Stopped to practice some jumps...

Edit: See my pic did not upload...sorry

Edited by RocknRolla

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

That's such a smart ace to have up your sleeve when guiding a diverse group :thumbup:

Absolutely. Rafa owns several bikes and when he and I ride together he rides a normal bike. Bringing the e-bike allows him to hang back with a slower rider and then race to the front of the group to check everything is ok, then hang back again.

I have to do that under leg power!  

Absolutely. Rafa owns several bikes and when he and I ride together he rides a normal bike. Bringing the e-bike allows him to hang back with a slower rider and then race to the front of the group to check everything is ok, then hang back again.

I have to do that under leg power!  

I did that a few years ago as a volunteer Amarider "support marshal" (not sure we even had a title?) at some of their events. 

The idea was to help people with mechanicals, especially on the single track sections where the sweep vehicles could not reach them. We had to get them going under own steam and hopefully finish or at least get to a road where they could be picked up. We carried a backpack full of tubes, quick links, duct tape, cable ties and basic tools. It ended up seriously good exercise because you fell back with the mechanical, fixed it, and then had to race to catch up with the "batch" you were looking after, who was by then 5 or 10 minutes ahead. We also picked up discarded bottles and whatever litter the riders left behind. I found it quite rewarding and even scored a beer now and again from someone who wanted to say thank you for the help.

Now, I think I'll need an e-bike to do that! :blush:  

Edited by DJR

How much longer before you can get outside on the saddle, DJR?

Hang in there, man.

I don't know. At the moment the arm is so weak, I think it will CAUSE a crash, so, I'll see what the physio and the orthopod say in a few weeks. I think I'll try the more upright mtb and let the flat stretched out roadie rest a bit longer.  :(

I don't know. At the moment the arm is so weak, I think it will CAUSE a crash, so, I'll see what the physio and the orthopod say in a few weeks. I think I'll try the more upright mtb and let the flat stretched out roadie rest a bit longer. :(

Sterkte sterkte ????

The motocross jumps on the gravel road past the quarries to Muldersdrift cop shop?

That’s s cool little road. Always been a bit nervous riding it on my own, but I haven’t ever heard of any incidents though?