Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

No where, mine is in for a service and while it's stripped bare, the frame is going to be resprayed.

Much excitement this side too, as my SC Highball is currently with Bogus the legend

The Mongoose is at CBR ....  :w00t:   :clap:

These short weeks are dragging out the project ...  :whistling:   :ph34r:

• Replies 30.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

you know if you turn the female / Top hat bolt around so that the "top hat" part faces the chainring, you can then use std 2x or 3x chainring bolts to run a single chainring

Hiehie .... WELCOME to the world of a re-build ....

Spending time in traffic to go 4 SS bolts ....  :whistling:   Then again, that takes my mind off waiting for the frame from the painters for a few minutes .... I am more excited than a kid the night before Christmas ...

you know if you turn the female / Top hat bolt around so that the "top hat" part faces the chainring, you can then use std 2x or 3x chainring bolts to run a single chainring

Mark actually gave me the correct bolts for the single chain ring .... I then set about on hours of hand-tools to make the little stubs to finish off the spider to look "normal", reverting back to the two ring-bolts ....  :whistling:

The SS bolts I bought yesterday is for the brake calipers ....  the older black bolts are showing a (little) "bit" of corrosion ....   :devil:

EDIT - "SS" as in Stainless Steel, not the traditional Hub meaning of single speed .... sorry for my wrong use of abreviations ...

Edited by ChrisF

07:26 AM

Winter. Is. Coming.

attachicon.gif44670D58-6027-497F-A98C-FA4FAE4FF0A5.JPG

I think it is here already .... When we got up this morning to get ready for our ride it was raining ... okay, a light drizzle .....

Got back in bed, and took a drive in the car a bit later, visiting bike shops from Bellville to Malmesbury ....

Learnt two things today :

- just because it is on their web, does NOT mean they carry stock !!  (okay, my fault, learnt that one a few times already ... was still hoping to get something in shop ...)

- bike shops DONT keep stock of "kids saddles" .... you can see all the nice options on the bikes on the floor, but dont try to buy one for a build .... "we will have to order it..."

Edited by ChrisF

Hit Suikerbosrand for the first time today, 10 weeks after my collarbone break and 6 days after my first outdoor ride thereafter.

Astonishing place to ride a bicycle, but super tough, especially in my current fat / unfit state. Can't wait to go back!

Along the 7 passes road and above Sedgefield is a town that time forgot called Karatara  - it's plain weird, the residents look related and probably are.  It's a mixed community and you couldn't say anyone is this or that.  Behind it are some majestic mountain trails and beauty but the town doesn't have much to show off.  The church got to pose with my bike.  I took the shot and hightailed out of there chop chop before the banjo players could kidnap me

post-81229-0-66437000-1557063408_thumb.jpg

That ride is so on my bucket list

I highly recommend it.

The route and hospitality shown by the farmers is something special.

Deandean did a fantastic job at planning a route that gives you a little bit of everything (climbs, downs, singletrack and technical)