GLASGOW WORLD CHAMPS - dirt stuff!

Shebeen

1 hour ago, BuffsVintageBikes said:

MvdP is fooling no one with those underdog tones 😄 Quite enjoyed his interview by Matt Stephens last night, he's a very down to earth and approachable guy?

I blame the media for his apparent modesty. The media carries significant power to paint you as a good guy, or a villian (if you exude cockiness, arrogance, over-confidence). That being said, I'm not Mathieu's close friend, so what he's really like can only be confirmed by those closest to him, even if they are willing to spill anything.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, mecheng89 said:

So why did he leave GCN? I'm not saying the presenters they have now are crappy.

Not hard to find the answer on Google.IMG_2196.jpeg.3fb793131ac797c8f0d745488af3ae69.jpeg

2 hours ago, mecheng89 said:

He came 3rd in the end. He tried hard to get to the front but never managed. You win some, you lose some. Here's to hoping he's at least in the second row for the XCO.

Sagan didn't do too shabby starting right at the back. Finished 37th overall, a little over a minute back.

https://www.uci.org/competition-details/2023/MTB/69008

CX guys circa 2019: [belgian acent]please can mvdp and wout stay on the road so we can win something

TP: hi guys, I've left school now, here to eat peanut butter sandwiches and kick some ass. and I'm all out of skippy supercrunch

CX guys:oh crap

MTB guys circa 2020: please can mvdp and TP stay on the road so we can win something

MTB guys 2023: oh cool, MVDP,Wout and TP are all going to be f#$%ed after TDF, we've been working on this all year............

edit: oh wow they still do e-mtb rainbows, frenchies good at it too https://www.uci.org/competition-details/2023/MTB/69008

Edited by Shebeen

3 hours ago, 'Dale said:

There’ll be many long teleconferences with parents in due course, followed by long term contracts… my word

IMG_2294.jpeg

Maybe MVDP achieves the same thing (elite cat). 

2 hours ago, mecheng89 said:

OK, men's elite road and ITT, done.

Men's XCO left, then I'm done. Do we know the start grid yet?

There’s some butt hurt over in Scotland tonight . The uci have implemented a rule that allows riders from other disciplines to start in the 4th and 5th row so Pidcock lines up in the 4th and MVDP and Petr Sagan in the 5th row.

now many riders , led by Marotte and Schurter are campaigning that this is unfair. I guess Nino is just an altruistic kind of guy after all….😏

3h
UCI Cross Country riders representatives statement following
Communiqué n°18 (Elite Start Order)

It's great to have big names from different disciplines in our sport and we can't wait to race
against them.

But we are really not happy how the UCI is treating our discipline by changing rules
regarding start position one day before the race.
The point at this time is not whether or not the rule being applied is fair, unfair or suitable -
this is a topic for another day. The concern is the way and timing that UCI has applied and
enforced this rule. And the consequences that follow for individual riders and teams with
Olympic games quota positions likely to be impacted. At this moment it's not only about
contesting the World Championships, but the Olympic start positions that are being fought
for along side.

It is evident that UCI has contradicted itself in the application of the rule. Hours out from the
start of the World Championships is not time to selectively look for rules and we express our
deep disappointment and frustration with this situation caused by the UCI.

UCI riders representatives Rebecca McCONNELL Maxime MAROTTE

Nino SCHURTER, Jolanda NEFF, Jordan SARROU, Loana LECOMTE, Lars FORSTER,
Haley BATTEN, Alan HATHERLY, Sina FREI, Henrique AVANCINI, Alessandra KELLER,
Mathias FLÜCKIGER, Linda INDERGAND, Titouan CAROD, Anne TERPSTRA, Ondrej
CINK, Emeline DETILLEUX, Martin VIDAURRE KOSSMANN, Léna GERAULT, Thomas
GRIOT, Janika LÕIV, Bartlomiej WAWAK, Anton COOPER, Thomas LITSCHER, Jens
SCHUERMANS, Pierre DE FROIDMONT, Sebastian FINI CARSTENSEN, Luca
SCHWARZBAUER, Joshua DUBAU, Victor KORETZKY…

48 minutes ago, kosmonooit said:

3h

It's great to have big names from different disciplines in our sport and we can't wait to race
against them.

But we are really not happy how the UCI is treating our discipline by changing rules
The point at this time is not whether or not the rule being applied is fair, unfair or suitable -
this is a topic for another day. The concern is the way and timing that UCI has applied and
enforced this rule. And the consequences that follow for individual riders and teams with
Olympic games quota positions likely to be impacted. At this moment it's not only about
contesting the World Championships, but the Olympic start positions that are being fought
for along side.

It is evident that UCI has contradicted itself in the application of the rule. Hours out from the
start of the World Championships is not time to selectively look for rules and we express our

It is what it is. Lets go racing 

13 hours ago, kosmonooit said:

3h

against them.

for along side.

It's poor form. "The UCI is worse than a UTI" - some guy on pinkbike that I agree with.