Road bike oversized pulley system

Miccie

3 minutes ago, dave303e said:

I call bull dust, powerbalance bracelets, fad diets and the R21 000/liter chain lube are exempt from science...

Exactly. One has to have no shame to lie the way those okes have lied 

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That being said, if I was a serious triathlete I would def have oversized jockeys with unobtanium bearings just because they look cool AF, I have drooled over them for a long time now. Unfortunately I am too uncouth to have nice things

Meh, maybe there's a watt or a half a watt there, but truth is there's so many other places you can find bigger gains at a fraction of the cost.

Edited by Jbr

Sorry OP but just a slight hijack.

As usual I'm mucking about with something, have printed a 'TanPan' type gadget to use a 10sp clutch RD with 10sp Road STI's on my other gravel bike. The RD I intend using for my testing has no pulley wheels. It normally uses 11t ones

So as always JUST BECAUSE I CAN I'm thinking to print some 12t ones and try them in the standard cage .... any thoughts guys?

I could even print 13t ones I suppose but I wonder about the clearance in that standard cage ....

Lest ya'll forget marginal gains worked for Team Sky so don't come at with me that those .049 watts don't matter đŸ˜œ

3 hours ago, Jbr said:

Meh, maybe there's a watt or a half a watt there, but truth is there's so many other places you can find bigger gains at a fraction of the cost.

images (8).jpeg

26 minutes ago, babse said:

images (8).jpeg

Stem slamming, narrow bars, tilted hoods, aero socks, skinsuits, internal routing, picking a more aero helmet, core training to sustain aero position longer just on the aero side of things. You can also maintain your drivetrain properly, using wax, research which chain’s faster…

when I see okes running a sram red chain on a 48 chainring using ospw I laugh, their 10T cog is smaller than their pulley wheels and their chain a few watt slower than some other brands đŸ«£

Edited by Jbr

1 minute ago, Eugene said:

What's even more concerning is the fact that Shimano SA has no 11sp parts for road bikes. 

Spend a fortune on Di2 and Shimano can't even back you up. 

Tbh honest they don’t have much of anything, and worst part is you can’t even import from europe. I buy stuff in France when I travel now that you can’t get anything shipped here anymore

9 hours ago, Jbr said:

Tbh honest they don’t have much of anything, and worst part is you can’t even import from europe. I buy stuff in France when I travel now that you can’t get anything shipped here anymore

Shimano works Through a Distributor in South Africa - Phone Them 

10 hours ago, Eugene said:

What's even more concerning is the fact that Shimano SA has no 11sp parts for road bikes. 

Spend a fortune on Di2 and Shimano can't even back you up. 

That's not new.
Coolheat has not been a good importer/distributer of Shimano goods for ages.
But it seems that they would like to improve that - see the online survey they did recently.
I imagine that they got some long overdue and honest feedback.

https://bikehub.co.za/news/complete-the-coolheat-cycle-survey-and-win/

Edited by splat

10 hours ago, Jbr said:

Geo block / monopoly / price fixingÂ đŸ˜ª

25 minutes ago, splat said:

That's not new.
Coolheat has not been a good importer/distributer of Shimano goods for ages.
But it seems that they would like to improve that - see the online survey they did recently.
I imagine that they got some long overdue and honest feedback.

https://bikehub.co.za/news/complete-the-coolheat-cycle-survey-and-win/

they closed the comments down quick quick on that one

The prize description is quite funny in that survey. For a company that imports and sells bike parts they have to add a disclaimer that they might not have stock available of chains!

IMG_4095.jpeg.ca6189e2b9342043371e7a077ab1aaf5.jpeg

Ouf I was going to post a salty comment about the local distributor and then moved on to something else, but I see I’m not the only one thinking the way I do about them 

Edited by Jbr

11 hours ago, Jbr said:

Stem slamming, narrow bars, tilted hoods, aero socks, skinsuits, internal routing, picking a more aero helmet, core training to sustain aero position longer just on the aero side of things. You can also maintain your drivetrain properly, using wax, research which chain’s faster…

when I see okes running a sram red chain on a 48 chainring using ospw I laugh, their 10T cog is smaller than their pulley wheels and their chain a few watt slower than some other brands đŸ«£

OR..... hear me out here.....

POWERBAND BRACELET!