Car changes over the years

OVERDRIVE

14 hours ago, The Ouzo said:

I see your italics :)

but a survey a couple of years back revealed more super cars per capita on the east rand than in affluent northern jhb suburbs.

but yes you sterotypical east rander wants his hilux 4x4=16 fully kitted out

A Ford Cortina is  not a Super Car :P

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Underachiever said:

Hairy, actually they do.  In our portion of the estate (100 houses) we live in there is at least 10 new Raptor/Cruisers for the normal okes.  Then the outlier with 2x Lambo's, New Defender and Rangie, Lambo Urus, Cruiser and the overpriced Jeep bakkie. And the bottle blonde of course!!

Plenty of 911's and AMG Mercs.  Another Ferrari or 2.

Crazy stuff.

I should add, I have no cooking clue where the East Rand is 😂

11 hours ago, SwissVan said:

No wonder you have a gazillion bikehub posts and are chairman of the bikehub premier club, using all that time us mortals spend driving to hubhub 🤟

15 meters… that’s 100 meters shorter than my walk to the garage before I start my 43.5 km drive to work… 5 x week. Trying to organize a hybrid home office situation, but the company is not keen #livinginthedarkagestheyare

Already on my second car since starting this job, but that’s another story  😳 

Dear Sir

Have you seen my post count for 2022-2023 .... you may be very suprised at how few there are.

2021-2022 was also a drastic reduction over the previous year ;)

15 minutes ago, Hairy said:

I should add, I have no cooking clue where the East Rand is 😂

take a map 

draw a straight line between vereeniging and kempton park 

everything southeast of that line is east rand ( atleast in my mind ) 

Spelling sorry ne 

16 hours ago, Spinnekop said:

So who of all you guys commenting here have taken the bike to work and ditched the car today? 

I often commute, and for a lot of errands etc use the bike. 
When working ‘corporate’ I car pooled with three others, for the relative effort the benefits far exceeded any inconvenience. 

12 hours ago, sirmoun10goat said:

Cars may be a depreciating asset, but also an asset that can be enjoyed, if you enjoy driving and road trips. I loved having a hot hatch with a B&O sound system and flappy paddle gear box. 

A house is an asset, but do you need a 5 bedroom house for you and the missus? That’s also a liability. Yes, the value of the property may go up, but you pay more taxes, water and electricity, more insurance, higher fees for the estate where your house is, more money on maintenance, more domestic workers to keep things in check…so your capital growth is offset by these expenses. And then these rooms are empty most of the time, so you derive no benefit from that.

So you need your Vida coffee everyday, or is a nespresso good enough? Water is cheap, maybe drink more water.

To each their own, live and let live

I think a better analogy is do you need a holiday house?

These guys with their Cortina's are smoking some good stuff...the person/s who buys it do have some better groceries that clouds their mind even more.