Cyclist who kneed a five-year-old girl to the floor on Christmas Day for blocking his path successfully

OVERDRIVE

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a bizarre world we live in. I'm no lawyer but public filming and non commercial publication of filmed or photographed events is legal in a constitutional democracy. I would wonder if the  defamation must have arisen from some accompanying commentary or similar that said something not factually present in the recording.

As the father of a girl child (now old enough and strong enough to moer a Muppet like this herself) I too would be in hot water after an event like this.

That guy deserved a punch in the face then and he deserves another one now… what a disgrace, assholes like him are the reason some people hate us and act like idiots near us (and put us in danger)

I looked at the topic and thought ‘do I really need to see what bull this is?’… modern world of everyone getting outraged over everything… then I read the header of the news article and was going to lay a smart ass comment about how he worked the system, kid should have moved, #baddad activities but then accidentally watched the footage as it was on auto play and… wtf? Who does that? What a sad, pathetic, horrible excuse for a human? Pure dickery in the first instance but to the sue because the world saw you? Okay I’m sure he argued invasion of privacy or non Consent but truth is he saw what a twat he looked, the pile on and made a move. Well done son, you have the price of a new bike as your pieces of silver. Enjoy. Dooshbag. 

My initial reaction was that can’t be true, nobody in their right mind sticks a knee out to deliberately hit someone and his explanation was my thinking of what happened, it looks bad on video but come on anyone that has had to balance on their bike would throw a knee out like that it’s just unfortunate the kid got hit in the process. 

7 hours ago, milky4130 said:

My initial reaction was that can’t be true, nobody in their right mind sticks a knee out to deliberately hit someone and his explanation was my thinking of what happened, it looks bad on video but come on anyone that has had to balance on their bike would throw a knee out like that it’s just unfortunate the kid got hit in the process. 

You're pulling a fast one, right? Truly, you can't be serious?

I'm dad to a five year old. A couple months back we were on the beach when a unleashed German Shepherd came charging straight towards her. Within a twinkling of an eye I was invading the owner's personal space winding up to send him to ER with his wife talking me down from extreme and grievous harm. That man has likely never been so close to needing extreme medical intervention. When it comes to my daughter and me, it's a case of f around and find out. I don't care how wide you need to chuck your knees, touch my child and you better make sure I didn't see you, want jy gaan k@k.

Edited by Robbie Stewart

As I went through the article, I realized that Belgium is a place of peace. I’m trying to visualize this. 

This p*** is riding his bike, Ans the cones round the corner at the cradle, and he knees a kid out the way. In full view of his parent. There is no way he leaves that scene without that bike around his neck. The fact that he could walk away, and even sue, is a miracle for me. 

*BikeHub does not condone, promote, or accept any kind of violence. Anyone feeling threatened, or being attacked, needs to contact the relevant law enforcement immediately. 

We spoke about it yesterday, the world is getting sicker by the day. People are going on what they (think) they deserve nevermind who they step on or push out the way. 

8 hours ago, milky4130 said:

Yeah, hard no to that. He didn’t slow down, didn’t stop, gave zero ****s until his name got out. So no, it is not ‘unfortunate’ 

10 minutes ago, Danger Dassie said:

Yeah, hard no to that. He didn’t slow down, didn’t stop, gave zero ****s until his name got out. So no, it is not ‘unfortunate’ 

8 hours ago, milky4130 said:

But then you stop and check if the kid is allright, apologies and pacify. But Going on with your merry way as if he did nothing wrong? Sociopath. He must have had a rough time being after being outed on SM, but I have no sympathy.

12 minutes ago, Danger Dassie said:

Jip.

Slip sliding on an icy surface .... the knock might have been an unfortunate incident .... 

Not stopping to assist the kid .... inexcusible (will get banned if I use the correct wording)

The mere fact the legal system entertained this case   ......  sad day .... 

Kid got in the way... Her parents should teach her to be more aware of what is going on around her. 

How did that guy know she wasn't rabid or enraged after he hit her? She might have bitten him if he approached her? 

Also, maybe the rider was late for an appointment or for coffee, or he really needed to poo after too much coffee? Did anyone think of that?! 

The dad should definitely have gained permission before using that footage. It is probably a genetic throwback, as he is as unaware of the law as his daughter is of her surroundings. 

So many variables, we just don't know enough of the actual situation to judge.....

If my son were knee'd in the head by a cyclist and he didn't stop, I would use a timelapse montage to train my son to be a ninja assassin so he could serve his revenge very very cold as a teenager....

Seriously though, let Belgians be Belgians.... or however the saying goes

35 minutes ago, NC_lurker said:

The amount of rage expressed on this thread is a pretty sad indictment of where we are as a society. 

Society is pathetically tragic as is 

1 hour ago, Jewbacca said:

Kid got in the way... Her parents should teach her to be more aware of what is going on around her. 

How did that guy know she wasn't rabid or enraged after he hit her? She might have bitten him if he approached her? 

Also, maybe the rider was late for an appointment or for coffee, or he really needed to poo after too much coffee? Did anyone think of that?! 

The dad should definitely have gained permission before using that footage. It is probably a genetic throwback, as he is as unaware of the law as his daughter is of her surroundings. 

So many variables, we just don't know enough of the actual situation to judge.....

If my son were knee'd in the head by a cyclist and he didn't stop, I would use a timelapse montage to train my son to be a ninja assassin so he could serve his revenge very very cold as a teenager....

Seriously though, let Belgians be Belgians.... or however the saying goes

This is the flip side of the story for sure .. other people's kids. Who among us has not had antisocial mental imagery when some grimy rugrat is loudly demanding indulgence from a fawning parent, spraying gobbets of kindergarten plague into some claustrophobic overheated Cape town winter coffee shop 10 days before a major bike race ......