HUB Member for 3hrs - wants to buy my bike!?

Cleaver

Hi there,

So i get a message on the HUB from one of the members.  All excited to obviously get the lead and maybe a potential buyer, but then I go and check the profile. No picture, No ratings and on the HUB for 3hrs. 

Any advice on the way forward and how to handle it. Really don’t want to be scammed or taken for a fool. Nor do I want to stuff up a potential deal etc.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards

P

IMG_3050.jpeg

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Cleaver said:

Hi there,

So i get a message on the HUB from one of the members.  All excited to obviously get the lead and maybe a potential buyer, but then I go and check the profile. No picture, No ratings and on the HUB for 3hrs. 

Any advice on the way forward and how to handle it. Really don’t want to be scammed or taken for a fool. Nor do I want to stuff up a potential deal etc.

Regards

P

IMG_3050.jpeg

my advice: use common sense.

11 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

my advice: use common sense.

👆🏻The above is so important.. chat to the oke, get a feel for who you talking too.. could be a guy looking to get into cycling and has now made an account because he’s found something that he would buy..

so often you can sus out if it’s dodgey just from a couple messages.. if the guys local meet up, if he doesn’t want to meet up, if he tries to use a weird way of paying and someone else will come fetch, it’s a scam.. 

bottom line, if you at any point get a bad feeling, walk away.. if it smells like ****, it’s probably ****.!

Use Bike Hub pay.

Many people join Bike Hub to buy or sell, and quite a few do so to do it immediately. Bike Hub pay will protect you. 

Over and above that, use common sense and don't fall for typical scammer tricks. Again, Bike Hub pay is your friend here. I have close to 50 5-star ratings, and many people still use Bike Hub pay when dealing with me. 

Also, use Bike Hub pay.

But seriously, Bike Hub pay.

51 minutes ago, Cleaver said:

Hi there,

Regards

P

Was his offer reasonable ?
Is he based on an oil rig ?
Is he buying the bike for his nephew ?
Will he pay via Skrill
Will he send a driver to collect ?

I’ve been on the hub for 3 years. I don’t have any reviews. I’ve made one purchase and one sale. I’m not a scammer. 

Edited by MarcoDeS

26 minutes ago, Bichael Dewing said:

👆🏻The above is so important.. chat to the oke, get a feel for who you talking too.. could be a guy looking to get into cycling and has now made an account because he’s found something that he would buy..

so often you can sus out if it’s dodgey just from a couple messages.. if the guys local meet up, if he doesn’t want to meet up, if he tries to use a weird way of paying and someone else will come fetch, it’s a scam.. 

bottom line, if you at any point get a bad feeling, walk away.. if it smells like ****, it’s probably ****.!

This 👏

1 minute ago, Skubarra said:

Exactly what a scammer would say...

lol 🤦🏻‍♂️ perhaps they would. But there are non scammers with no reviews and been on here for 3 years that exist. 

Edited by MarcoDeS

1 hour ago, Cleaver said:

Hi there,

Regards

P

IMG_3050.jpeg

We all were members for 3 hours at some point in time. Also look on the bright side, he's been a member now for four hours :oops: