Unbound 2024

Stephan

8 minutes ago, BuffsVintageBikes said:

I'm wondering if it wasn't like a road race in the chasing bunch and the favourites just marked themselves right out of the race?
Lachy probably figured there's a chance of that happening and rolled the dice.

Sounds like Matt was ill though. But yeah it seems the group played a strategy they would focus on hurting Matt and Keaton most.. 

this is racing 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There wasn't a lot of rolling through.... Maybe I did a little bit too much work.

Yep, explains the outcome better than the "high volume" week, which actually sounds massive for us, but seemed common for him in one of the interviews he gave recently on someone's podcast (pre-epic prep if I remember correctly)

42 minutes ago, BuffsVintageBikes said:

I'm wondering if it wasn't like a road race in the chasing bunch and the favourites just marked themselves right out of the race?
Lachy probably figured there's a chance of that happening and rolled the dice.

I think people forget Unbound is also 200 miles which is around 320km. It’s double what I would say is considered the norm for a gravel race. It’s an absolute beast of a race.

Lachlan has so much more experience than everyone else when you look at everything hes done. A race this distance is so much more than physical. It’s mental and it’s also about nutrition and he hes got so much experience fueling for these distances. I don’t think people actually realise how difficult it is to continually eat for 9 hours. Your gut takes an absolute beating.

1 hour ago, Bub Marley said:

I think people forget Unbound is also 200 miles which is around 320km. It’s double what I would say is considered the norm for a gravel race. It’s an absolute beast of a race.

Lachlan has so much more experience than everyone else when you look at everything hes done. A race this distance is so much more than physical. It’s mental and it’s also about nutrition and he hes got so much experience fueling for these distances. I don’t think people actually realise how difficult it is to continually eat for 9 hours. Your gut takes an absolute beating.

He won Tour Divide, he did the miles and used some clever race combinations. After coming so close before. Well deserved ride.

Yeah, I see one of the riders in that interview commented on the riding being "negative" so I'm assuming they marked each other out of the game, hence Matt working too much.

Lachy's interview at the end had me chuckling... "Did you ride with a power meter?" Lachy... "What was I gonna do with that?" 🤣🤣 What a biscuit 😄

56 minutes ago, BuffsVintageBikes said:

Lachy's interview at the end had me chuckling... "Did you ride with a power meter?" Lachy... "What was I gonna do with that?" 🤣🤣 What a biscuit 😄

such a waste of hard earned TSS !! 🤣

17 hours ago, Jbr said:

such a waste of hard earned TSS !! 🤣

I think TrainingPeaks has a TSS equivalent based on HR, I know Golden Cheetah does. 

7 hours ago, mecheng89 said:

I think TrainingPeaks has a TSS equivalent based on HR, I know Golden Cheetah does. 

Yea it does, most good training analytics platforms do