Trek unveil new Madone Gen 8

News bot

Trek has introduced the Madone Gen 8, a new road race bike that combines the features of the brand’s lightest and fastest models. By merging the lightweight design of the Émonda with the speed of the Madone, this bike provides a ‘best of both worlds’ solution for cyclists seeking to excel in both climbing and sprinting. Developed with input from professional racers, the Madone Gen 8 is engineered to meet the varied demands of competitive cycling. Check out the full press release here: Trek unveils all-new ultimate race bike, an earth-shattering combination of its lightest and fastest road race bikes […]

View full article

6 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

Boringly predictable unfortunately 

So you cancelled your pre-order then 😋

Predictable .... much like the standard complaints, sorry comments, to follow ....

my LBS had a launch for this straight after our group ride this morning, I did not stick around so did not even see the bike.

No point drooling over new bikes when you cant even afford the tires.

6 hours ago, ChrisF said:

So you cancelled your pre-order then 😋

Predictable .... much like the standard complaints, sorry comments, to follow ....

Yes i did, mostly because they hung lance out to dry…😂

but in all seriousness, the concept of this bike has been slated by many reviewers and mechanics as it introduced complexities that went beyond unnecessary. So instead of listening they carried it all over to a new bike!!

Edited by DieselnDust

Wonder how long before the riders and soigneurs strip their moers for those bottles

39 minutes ago, thebob said:

Wonder how long before the riders and soigneurs strip their moers for those bottles

$100 for the cage bottle combo, but can be used with round bottle as well. The aero bottle is 1,8 watts faster than normal system😂 

Give credit where its due boys. Having ridden the last few Madone's - Trek know what they are doing.

its certainly one of the better riding bikes out there.

Edited by Furbz

Very nice looking bike, would love to own one….. Not sure of those water bottles tho…..they won’t stand up on their own, not unless your kitchen work surface slopes at the same angle. Memories of previous aero water bottles not being practical due to limited amount of fluid they hold. Not a big deal if you have a team car following you around, but something to consider if you do long rides without any support or “garage stops”