Paris Olympic MTB 2024 - ALAN you biscuit!!!

Shebeen

On 7/28/2024 at 8:41 PM, SwissVan said:

TBH watching from the comfort of my couch I found the race somewhat boring, managing to fall asleep to wake up and see poor Lecompte lying face down…..and then waiting in vain for a replay to see what happened or to hear from the commentators if she was ok 

tbh I’m not sure if it was the track or the commentators/ tv coverage fault that I found it boring

Just watched a recording of the men’s xco, I take back what I said about the track 

TP, AH, VK and company brought it to LIFE, simply fantastic 

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He has a point.

But yeah. Koretzky. White flag. 😝 Love or hate Pidcock he always shows grit.

14 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

Any s-works going cheap as pinarellos order book fills up?

Tokyo he won on an unbranded BMC (no secret). Not too sure if their sales went up? 

10 hours ago, babse said:

Pahaha also not his biggest fan but you need them characters around...

IMG_20240729_230448.jpg

Poor form from the crowd showing their true colours during the ceremony as well. Rewatched it last night on tiz, koretsky made two errors on that final lap and got slippy on the tick garden too. Only himself to blame. TP has won 5 xco races in a row now, because he has that other job with the roadbike. He really deserved that win, imagine if he was a full time xco rider.

I wonder if mvdp is waking up this morning regretting pulling out of this race? He would definitely have been in the mix (AH is glad he didn't!)

From a South African perspective Alan deserves a gold, although the results indicates third but he showed determination. I think this race although 3rd surpasses his most recent win as he had to be in the red for most of the race, try to close the gap, staying on the wheel of the flying Brit and got dropped twice but still managed to get back on the wheels of the two front runners.

Just as he was in a shot to win this race, I believe he does have the ability to win the worlds as he will win this years world cup series.

47 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

Poor form from the crowd showing their true colours during the ceremony as well. Rewatched it last night on tiz, koretsky made two errors on that final lap and got slippy on the tick garden too. Only himself to blame. TP has won 5 xco races in a row now, because he has that other job with the roadbike. He really deserved that win, imagine if he was a full time xco rider.

I wonder if mvdp is waking up this morning regretting pulling out of this race? He would definitely have been in the mix (AH is glad he didn't!)

They can boo and cry and moan all they want. Pidcock did nothing wrong. If you watch the replay again, he takes the inside line and just goes straight. If anything it was Koretsky that was at fault as he cut across the track once he realised Pidcock was gonna pass him.

58 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

The French are a passionate people. I'm proud they stood their ground and boo'd instead of just surrendering themselves to the result!

Furthermore they would have only seen the incident on the television screens around the start area and would not have had time to digest what actually happened frame by frame. 

39 minutes ago, Ispeed_V said:

Slightly off topic but Men's Triathlon postponed due to poor (Sh.ty) water quality of the Seine.

Was meant to be this morning. Possibly now tomorrow afternoon.

Olympics triathlon men’s race postponed due to Seine pollution levels (timeslive.co.za)

Ironman regularly cuts the swim from the event for reasons. Why can't the same be done this time around? Safety first! 

4 minutes ago, mecheng89 said:

Ironman regularly cuts the swim from the event for reasons. Why can't the same be done this time around? Safety first! 

If the water Quality has not improved by Friday (contingency day), they will then make it a duathlon

12 hours ago, babse said:

Pahaha also not his biggest fan but you need them characters around...

IMG_20240729_230448.jpg

It’s an English-French thing dating back to Napoleons era…..🫣!

57 minutes ago, Ispeed_V said:

If the water Quality has not improved by Friday (contingency day), they will then make it a duathlon

Very interesting conundrum then. 

Technically, it's not a tri, because there might be no swim. If they make is a du, then it's not an Olympic discipline, therefore not an Olympic champion? I don't write the rules, however.