Titan Racing Launch their all-new Shredder MIPS Mountain Bike Helmet

News bot

Titan Racing has set about creating an all-new Shredder mountain bike helmet that can keep up with their new Skyrim, Cerberus and Cypher mountain bike ranges. The brief was to create a lightweight MTB helmet that offers deep coverage for today’s more aggressive riders and trails, yet still offers excellent ventilation and fit to be used on longer rides. Two models are available, the Shredder Pro MIPS and Shredder. Both models offer riders a durable in-mold constructed helmet weighing only 316 grams (Shredder Pro MIPS Med) with 23 vents to keep you cool, with deep coverage for extra protection. The […]

View full article

Must go look and feel this 👍

Visually many similarities to my Specialize Tactic, at a better price point.

Really want to see how the internal air channels compare ....

18 hours ago, ChrisF said:

Must go look and feel this 👍

Visually many similarities to my Specialize Tactic, at a better price point.

Really want to see how the internal air channels compare ....

Let us know how it compares for you. It always helps to get additional feedback and opinions.  

18 hours ago, Shebeen said:

Looks great, designed in house? I'd love to see some integration with headlamps/lights. cable ties should never be the only option in this day and age. @titanracing

Designed and developed in-house by Cliff Beckett who also does our bike and suspension designs, with additional testing etc from MIPS on the Shredder Pro. We're really proud of this one and happy that we can bring it to market at the price we could.

Noted on the integration. Which helmet do you feel would be a good example of this?

Edited by Titan Racing Bikes

I'm not sure there is a helmert with bike light integration. Best i've seen for a helmet mounted light is a 3D printed bracket for the light enabling it to fit to a  stick on Go-Pro mount. 

Decent looking helmet and far closer to my price point than just about anything else...

2 hours ago, Titan Racing Bikes said:

Designed and developed in-house by Cliff Beckett who also does our bike and suspension designs, with additional testing etc from MIPS on the Shredder Pro. We're really proud of this one and happy that we can bring it to market at the price we could.

Noted on the integration. Which helmet do you feel would be a good example of this?

Bontrager are the leaders for now.

Their mounts use the gopro interface so that opens more doors for further items.

I though the magnetic thing was very gimmicy but they stick like Kaas on a wolkombers if you now what I mean. 

I never use mine anyway but some people who do might be more tempted to swing that way. 

@Titan Racing Bikes will you be getting a full red with black accents in the future? Just got back from LBS wanted to pick one up and try but looking for a little more red as it is faster.

Edited by Barry

Just bought a white Shredder Pro with MIPS from @Craig Flan at Earth to Air, who has it on special for R1395, seems like a good deal. Looking forward to receiving my upgraded lid!

On 7/31/2024 at 11:13 AM, Headshot said:

I'm not sure there is a helmert with bike light integration. Best i've seen for a helmet mounted light is a 3D printed bracket for the light enabling it to fit to a  stick on Go-Pro mount. 

Decent looking helmet and far closer to my price point than just about anything else...

I have 2 helmets that came with a custom Go Pro or light removeable integration. The Giro Switchblade came with a 2 piece mount that screwed together and filled a top vent. 

I have another old helmet I ordered from CRC (can't remember the brand and it's downstairs) which came with a similar thing but it clipped together like a Q lock spick by rotating the two pieces in opposite directions.

They do exist, but I don't think they fly off the rack.

On 7/31/2024 at 11:13 AM, Headshot said:

Bontrager road helmet has magnetic clips for rear facing light and headlight / go pro on top. Seldom use the top mount but the rear light has my ion red flasher on all the time.

Mtb helmet has no rear light but a very usable magnetic mount on top for light or camera.

Very good.

On 7/31/2024 at 8:31 AM, Titan Racing Bikes said:

Let us know how it compares for you. It always helps to get additional feedback and opinions.  

Good on ya for taking such a hands-on approach. 🤙