Cape Town danger areas

Evan Andreou

Do you know which road this happened on? Was it Tygerberg Valley Road or Contermans Kloof Road?

Not sure, will ask.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont know why but I have a feeling it might be here. I rode a wide loop beginning of December via panorama and thought ill go through here up tygerbergvalley road back to the suburbs and when i went torugh this bit my spidey senses were dialled up to 11. You are super exposed there, especially if you catch a lull in the traffic. 

Anyway..just speculating.

post-64325-0-79780600-1609844031_thumb.jpg

Glad to report back the 12 year old was released from hospital this morning.

I suggested the dad monitor both kids and consider counceling, lets not forget a 6 year old watched all this ....

The dad is getting hold of the security company ....

Can also add, police waited for the kid to get home. The police will only now start the process of getting the witness statements .... uhm jaaa ...

Glad to report back the 12 year old was released from hospital this morning.

I suggested the dad monitor both kids and consider counceling, lets not forget a 6 year old watched all this ....

The dad is getting hold of the security company ....

Can also add, police waited for the kid to get home. The police will only now start the process of getting the witness statements .... uhm jaaa ...

That 12 year old has some guts!

That 12 year old has some guts!

i guess it depends on the kid but thats a tender age to go through something like this. It sucks donkey balls. As a mildly responsible  grownup (arguably), i had some serious bad thoughts towards certain people when it happened to me the first time around. I'm not so sure it can be that easy for a pubescent boy to get over something like this without it doing some damage.

or maybe I was just an angry child  :ph34r: 

i blame metal music and all those 'satanic' computer games...

Glad ge's ok physically though. 

They were on a gravel road behind the De Zicht estate when bike-jacked.

right in the red zone pointed out above...

Edited by morneS555

How is it that this incident hardly makes the news?

Reams of reports of a kite surfer arrested on the beach but hardly anything about this

"Distraction News" I think it's called . . . . .

How is it that this incident hardly makes the news?

Reams of reports of a kite surfer arrested on the beach but hardly anything about this

Timing. Should see the reams of stuff that comes through news desks. There are literally thousands of things happening and it's all about who is where and with what resources/workload. 

A lot of stuff worse than this comes and it gets lost in the ether.

Even something like a kid with downs syndrome getting shot by a police officer, which had coverage. Public outrage dissipates pretty quickly.   

Tumbles (RIP) worked in that area of news rooms and could've shared a lot of perspective. 

Tumbles (RIP) worked in that area of news rooms and could've shared a lot of perspective. 

Strange how nearly every time I read stuff re. news and the media here on the BikeHub and think of him, unusual for someone I never even met, he must have had a bigger influence on me than I thought back then.

Dumb ****s. Pity the oke didn't slip on the clutch and reverse into his mate. 
They look like they could be recognisable though, at least the one guy with the beard.

Dumb ****s. Pity the oke didn't slip on the clutch and reverse into his mate.

They look like they could be recognisable though, at least the one guy with the beard.

Was thinking exactly the same thing, a little bit of thieving bastard squashed against the wall would've been a great outcome.

Interesting to see that the driver looks like a woman.