Jump to content

Pretoria danger areas


Evan Andreou

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, pedal menace said:

Also hear a report of MTBer shot at, at low water bridge just before Red Barn this past Saturday...Did not verify this. If true - what the hell is going on? Should we all just ride around the block with armed escorts? 


Correct yet. Cyclist passing through Midstream to Red Barn on Saturday for the Sani2c roadshow.
He just passed over the low water bridge toward BRB side when the perp jumped out in front of him, he shouldered him and got away, perp started firing at him while he rode away.

(The cyclist in question posted this on the Midstream owners group and sent a Whatsapp voice note)

Edited by Dup08
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Dup08 said:


Correct yet. Cyclist passing through Midstream to Red Barn on Saturday for the Sani2c roadshow.
He just passed over the low water bridge toward BRB side when the perp jumped out in front of him, he shouldered him and got away, perp started firing at him while he rode away.

(The cyclist in question posted this on the Midstream owners group and sent a Whatsapp voice note)

MOTHER TRUCKER !!!!!

 

I turned my ride around at BRB on Sunday instead of going all the way out to ICC, decided to rather play it safe as it seems that these attacks were happening between Midstream and ICC.

 

By now SAPS know very well that this gang is operating in that area.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

MOTHER TRUCKER !!!!!

 

I turned my ride around at BRB on Sunday instead of going all the way out to ICC, decided to rather play it safe as it seems that these attacks were happening between Midstream and ICC.

 

By now SAPS know very well that this gang is operating in that area.

Very glad you turned around. 


When my wife and I lived in Kempton, we used to frequently use the gravel roads to BRB and back, but now there are issues in that whole area East of Midstream.
We now live in Midstream and I wont dare go out East of the last boom gate any longer.

Some flare ups in Bapsfontein and PTA East areas as well over the weekend. Sad how limited we are becoming with riding some nice gravel roads this side.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So there were 4 reported incidents in the Pretoria area.

2 were on Saturday in the Pretoria East and Bronkhorstspruit areas.

2 were in the area surrounding LZ Township and Red Barn.

These involved groups of 8 to 12 riders. The crews were armed and dangerous.

 

Stay away from the following roads: -

R21 (St George's Hotel area)

M18 to and from Red Barn (Red Barn itself is incident free and they have upped their security)

M57 between R21 and M18

Moonlight Road (Link between R21 and M17)

SAPS is onto the case together with security.

Edited by ycowley
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A cyclist was sadly shot and killed in an attempted bike-jacking somewhere near Bapsfontein / Delmas road. I don't have any details - does anyone know more?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Pofkat said:

A cyclist was sadly shot and killed in an attempted bike-jacking somewhere near Bapsfontein / Delmas road. I don't have any details - does anyone know more?

As received this morning :Cyclists please be very aware cycling in the farms lands around Eastlands / Benoni - 2 cyclists shot this morning and sadly one has passed away. It is a very popular route- please use other routes. Attacked by 5 suspects. 3 have been caught still looking for 2.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, SlowrideCB said:

As received this morning :Cyclists please be very aware cycling in the farms lands around Eastlands / Benoni - 2 cyclists shot this morning and sadly one has passed away. It is a very popular route- please use other routes. Attacked by 5 suspects. 3 have been caught still looking for 2.

Yea got the same on my group. Is this not the same place the cyclist was shot last week. He was shot 3 times.

Screenshot_20231118-123854-1.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've Seen Baddies INSIDE the big Red Barn on a week day. I turned Around packed my bike and went to Modders.

BRB is totally Unsecured and I am now boycotting it.

Edited by dasilvarsa
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So JMPD had a guy in handcuffs and a vehicle full of bikes. I take it this is not yhe first incident for the morning and we will see more coming out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Prince Albert Cycles said:

John Gibson was shot 3 times with .45 and survived . Was south east of Pretoria

The levels of violence have increased dramatically. No more safety in numbers. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Prince Albert Cycles said:

John Gibson was shot 3 times with .45 and survived . Was south east of Pretoria

This today more or less same area.

IMG-20231118-WA0013-1.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The Ouzo said:

Hopefully those arrested lead to the rest of the gang and this nonsense stops. 

This is becoming way to intense now man

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Settings My Forum Content My Followed Content Forum Settings Ad Messages My Ads My Favourites My Saved Alerts My Pay Deals Help Logout