Argus entries opens tomorrow at 12:00!

Jaco Steyn

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This will (maybe) be my 9th Argus, but to be honest, not sure I am gonna bother.!

Will see how I feel in Jan - and believe me, there WILL still be available space - always is.!

Man alive, I think I only just managed to crack a sub 3 on the entry process, could they make it more difficult! Try enter with a PPA family member one CSA license, one club member what a pain.

Chasing the same goal! Got my first sub 3 at lost city

Sorry to tell you this but totally different races. Got a 2:43 on my last Lost City and a 3:12 on my last Argus (Old route finish with @ Greenpoint)

Chasing the same goal! Got my first sub 3 at lost city

Sorry to tell you this but totally different races. Got a 2:43 on my last Lost City and a 3:12 on my last Argus (Old route finish with @ Greenpoint)

I know that. But that is why it is called a goal. Always good to get your first sub3 regardless of which race it is in. Of course, if I rode a 3:12 in Argus (or 94.7) I would be ecstatic given that my best argus is currently 3:28 and my best 94.7 is 3:35 - ROLL ON SUMMER and early morning training ridesTongue

Have entered and Mrs Bateleur is also entered for her first major ride and obviously her first Argus.  The plan is that I want to do two laps and join her on the second lap.  We both have our job cut our for us.

Oh and some of us actually enjoy doing the Argus and not just the Argus but the whole two weeks in and around the Cycletour time we spend as a family together.  Some might see it as a waste of time and money but some of us don't.

Approximately how long does it take for the entries to reach 35000 online?

Last year I entered on the 11th (91% full), and by the 19th, entries had closed.

I'm entered and going for a sub 3:30 !!!

Hopefully this time I won't break anything in the months leading up to the Argus.  My record so far isn't good, 2 out of 3! 

Entered my fourth Argus . Love the whole experience . Sorry for you guys who can't make it .

Bought plane tickets ,

Paid for hotel .

Now have to start training to break 3 hrs . Last year did 3h24