The official Riding with Kids thread

TYGA

@ChrisF - are you planning on selling the Momsen?

My almost 6 year old is at the interim stage between needing a 20 and a 24 so I'm looking to pick up a 20 inch for him - and with trigger shifters already installed I could be interested ;-)

I have sent you a PM  :thumbup:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey folks

I'm giving my baby seat away. It should fit kids from 2-4.

I'm in Woodmead during the day; Joburg South in the evenings.

Message me if you interested. 0379b31edbc88a74adafa979126aec88.jpg

WESTERN CAPE - nice weekend for parents with small kids.

STELLENBOSCH - SPUR MTB school league at Paul Roos.  This is a full day event.  Starting with the primary school kids from 8:00, and the high school kids after lunch.  NO late entries on the day, but well worth popping in to show your kids how other kids enjoy their bikes ...

FEDHEALTH - https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/177903-event-fedhealth-mtb-classic/page-2

Some nice SHORT routes for the little ones on Saturday ... 

(pity these two events clash..)

We will be at Paul Roos in the morning.  

A BIG thanks to SPUR for the SPUR MTB Schools League !!

This was our first year, and we WILL be back for more. [emoji106] :clap:

We can really recommend parents with kids attend some of these events.

attachicon.gifSPUR Stellenbosch-1.jpg

attachicon.gifSPUR Stellenbosch-4.jpg

attachicon.gifSPUR Stellenbosch-6.jpg

attachicon.gifSPUR Stellenbosch-18.jpg

attachicon.gifSPUR Stellenbosch-26.jpg

I'm sure that he found it easy peasy because of the other trails he's done with you. [emoji467][emoji898]

Saw earlier in the week that there's a MTB event at our local farmers market and since my wife is working decided to do the 5km with my boy.

What a fun ride, he enjoyed it to bits except for a tumble in the parking lot before the race even started.....he knows now that loose gravel and front brakes don't go together.....[emoji16]bd4b3c69e814b68318d4735ffc4d3e49.jpg5b4a75285dd215eceeb6d5764fd1dc2c.jpgcd31d76a7019d8caa1e035aa239473f0.jpg

We are fighting in Gauteng to get a Junior Spur series. The organisers are not budging

We have www.like2bike.co.za thats well run and good fun

Very nice setup down here.

8 to 9 practice runs for the primary school kids ..... though some of the mums get scared when 7 year olds share the trails with 12 year olds....

9:00 to the 7-8 year old boys start there race.  Depending on the track length about 2 or 3 laps.  About 15 minutes for the winners.

9:15 the 7-8 year old girls start ... so they start lapping the slowest of the boys.

Then then the next age group etc etc .... BUSY schedule !  But it WORKS.

Lunch break.

Then the process repeats for the high school kids.

We are lucky .... Maritz is in the 7/8 year old group.  Get the race number, practice, race ... done.  :)  2019 will be the same.  Then the days start getting longer ....

Must be an insane long day for parents with kids in primary and high school ....

THANKS to SPUR for their sponsorship !!

But an even bigger THANKS to Michelle and her team from Amarider that puts these events together !!!!!!  You are creating lifelong memories !!  THANX !!