Wet Suit

It never stopped

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone used /using a Giant Halfwheeler?. Mrs saw one being used at Emmarentia and asked me if it's good? From what age can it be used?

We need to move from balance bikes to pedal bikes now for the twins  :o

This is getting expensive  :D

My twins are still on the plastic motobikes but big bros chillafish is parked there and they have started riding it every now and then. For now they not fighting for it but like everything else I can see as soon as they both keen to ride a balance bike at the same time then I will have to get another one. But 

My twins are still on the plastic motobikes but big bros chillafish is parked there and they have started riding it every now and then. For now they not fighting for it but like everything else I can see as soon as they both keen to ride a balance bike at the same time then I will have to get another one. But

Mine still gets on their plastic bikes every now and then, although my boy is starting to ask for a pedal bike. (I'm getting rid of the plastic this week) He's now suddenly also using the brake on his balance bike (instead of dragging his feet to slow down) when I told him the pedal bike will come when he can show me he knows how to use his brakes.......

Anyone used /using a Giant Halfwheeler?. Mrs saw one being used at Emmarentia and asked me if it's good? From what age can it be used?

I have something similar. Not the Giant brand though. A mate of mine bought it in the UK and then bought it back here. It's called a "tag a long". My oldest is almost 5 and the cranks are a bit long IMHO so he is just too short for it. But I am looking into putting shorter cranks on it and then he should be fine. I reckon as long as the kid can ride a normal bike and understands they need to hold on and they tall enough then you good to go.

It's the yellow one

post-58906-0-15901400-1597655023_thumb.png

Then a late sundowner with the kids at thaba ....They love seeing the animals and being in the open.

They scared me a few times with there lack of fear ( especially him) but they just do it .

I try teach them the basics at home and not to panic and keep your head up. Sure I closed my eyes a few times watching them ????

post-51529-0-92444900-1597658390_thumb.jpeg

post-51529-0-66014300-1597658405_thumb.jpeg

I have something similar. Not the Giant brand though. A mate of mine bought it in the UK and then bought it back here. It's called a "tag a long". My oldest is almost 5 and the cranks are a bit long IMHO so he is just too short for it. But I am looking into putting shorter cranks on it and then he should be fine. I reckon as long as the kid can ride a normal bike and understands they need to hold on and they tall enough then you good to go.

It's the yellow one

Capture.PNG

The Pain Train! :-)

It's the yellow one

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

Now I know where the user name comes from 

The Pain Train! :-)

LOL it is tough up the climbs. My suburb is boomed off and I don't ride outside on the "open" roads but my suburb has a fair amount of climbs. The kids and their "bikes" weigh just over 100kgs(and as they grow, so does that weight). I only ride for 30-60 min and its zone 4 and 5 most of the time. I still prefer these short slow rides with the family than spending 4 plus hours doing faster miles without them.

LOL it is tough up the climbs. My suburb is boomed off and I don't ride outside on the "open" roads but my suburb has a fair amount of climbs. The kids and their "bikes" weigh just over 100kgs(and as they grow, so does that weight). I only ride for 30-60 min and its zone 4 and 5 most of the time. I still prefer these short slow rides with the family than spending 4 plus hours doing faster miles without them.

We each have a Feva Starseat on our bikes, the idea is to go ride as a family, but mom is not comfortable doing it yet. I end up doing rides first with the one twin and then with the other (who is usually the one that wasn't interested in going for a ride in the first place). The second one always end up telling me to go faster, not understanding that I'm knackered from the first ride. Our suburb is not flat.

i got one.

get it.

it just clips onto back of seatpost and is awesome to add to riding opportunities.

leg length is an issue, i could measure the minimum seatpost to crank level for you.

Then a late sundowner with the kids at thaba ....They love seeing the animals and being in the open.

They scared me a few times with there lack of fear ( especially him) but they just do it .

I try teach them the basics at home and not to panic and keep your head up. Sure I closed my eyes a few times watching them

Brilliant! Was great meeting you at Thaba with the kids last week. Always nice to meet fellow Hubbers out and about.

i got one.

get it.

it just clips onto back of seatpost and is awesome to add to riding opportunities.

leg length is an issue, i could measure the minimum seatpost to crank level for you.

Please, that would help. Appreciate it