_Daemon_

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My SS I ride most at the moment.

http://pics.campl.us/f/2/23754.ece2f12352ef6678b31902a5e1bd3336.jpg

That's a beauty. That colouring from frame through to fork is just awesome.

On a side note, Ardents front and back... Great choice. I find mine stick like glue!

Pieter, my ou maat. Flippen ordentlike ry ding! Nee, ek praat nie van 'n Ford nie. All you need is a carbon fork on that beaut! :thumbup:

Hahahahaha! Dankie! Nee wat. Ek weet dis seker sterk maar ek trust dit net nie...

I was wondering, what gearing do you guys use for singlespeed riding in real mountains?

(and on which wheelsize is that?)

It seems so hard. Coming from the flat country of The Netherlands single speed is nothing special. Even the XC tracks don't have more than 40m difference in height. So you can just speed up during the downhills so you'll make it easily up the uphills, even without gears. But what if the uphills are 10 minutes long? Do you walk or just have a very small gearing on your ss bike?

Edited by Mattin

I was wondering, what gearing do you guys use for singlespeed riding in real mountains?

It seems so hard. Coming from the flat country of The Netherlands single speed is nothing special. Even the XC tracks don't have more than 40m difference in height. So you can just speed up during the downhills so you'll make it easily up the uphills, even without gears. But what if the uphills are 10 minutes long? Do you walk or just have a very small gearing on your ss bike?

I go around the 32:18, have to push in in some areas, but if I go any smaller,the flat area spin out just become to rough (only ride in the mountains, little to no jeep track)

She needs a name. Any suggestions?

I have seen your bike, it is light, tight and sharp. ....call it scalpel, note the small s.

When if you get a big bad bike with lots of travel or a jump bike tit can call that bone saw

I think it totally depends on your style of riding,

Are you a high cadence washing machine on spin dry

Or are you a tractor that grinds through,

34/17 for most of what I do.