Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

Altered my Sunday morning lap a bit to include a few more climbs ....

Managed to pace myself  a bit better.  Not burning the matches on those long climbs, and yet my average speed is marginally better  :thumbup:   :clap:

somehow a photo just does not do justice to this little climb ....  Robinson Street, peaking at about 10% gradient

post-110956-0-30421600-1556443808_thumb.jpg

High point reached ... well for the first part of the ride ...

post-110956-0-85013600-1556444034_thumb.jpg

Photos just dont do justice to the scenery mother nature prepares for us on these trails ...

post-110956-0-96029200-1556444103_thumb.jpg

Time for coffee at Bloemendal, then some more climbing ....

post-110956-0-42808900-1556444210_thumb.jpg

31km and 566m elevation  :w00t:  :thumbup:

• Replies 30.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

First outing with the new Rapidé SkyRize-R 780 bars fitted. The Slade took me all over the Tranquilitas trail system.

attachicon.giftrq2.jpg

Silverback has really come to the party in the last year. I like this and the new Speed carbon HT and the dual whatever that's called.

Was admiring the low clouds over the cape flats from tokai.

Those low clouds were visible from Table Mountain to Somerset West, and all along the mountains the Wellington.

Actually nicer along the mountains.   The smogg along the Cape flats spoiled the view a bit ...

Garmin showed between 10 and 12 degrees during the early part of the ride.  But each time I moved into the shadows the temperature dropped back to 10 degrees, and breathing out would cause a nice plume of condensate ..... Just warm enough not to use a jacket, but also just cool enough to know that winter is around the corner.  And saying that, the latter part of the route saw 29 degrees by 9:00 !!

post-110956-0-33689200-1556472633_thumb.jpg

Yesterdays ride - The Zona Zero Cycling Club Junior ride. I helped out. Great bunch of kids who descend without fear!

Is that young fellow on your e-bike or is it his? [emoji50][emoji38][emoji6]

Is that young fellow on your e-bike or is it his? [emoji50][emoji38][emoji6]

Ha! Neither..... The e-bike was being ridden by one of the other guides, Rafa, and at the bottom of the last climb, when the little lad was worn out, Rafa dropped his saddle and swapped bikes with him for 10 minutes.

I was on my Epic.

Ha! Neither..... The e-bike was being ridden by one of the other guides, Rafa, and at the bottom of the last climb, when the little lad was worn out, Rafa dropped his saddle and swapped bikes with him for 10 minutes.

I was on my Epic.

That's such a smart ace to have up your sleeve when guiding a diverse group :thumbup: