• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

Useless Fact of the day: If you could fold a piece of paper 42 times it would reach the moon. Each time you fold the piece of paper, its thickness doubles in length. So a 1mm thick piece of paper folded becomes 2mm, then 4, then, 8, then 16, etc. The exponential increase in width means that, mathematically, after only 42 folds, the paper would be 384,000 km thick: approximately the distance to the moon. (Disclaimer: we're not suggesting that this is actually possible. But nothing like a bit of maths on a Monday morning.)

Courtesy of the Daily Maverick

Let me just edit my reply. Think I may have pic that will go with this subject.

I carry a spare tube and some self adhesive patches in case the tube doesn't manage to get me home. Never needed to patches until yesterday at NF when I came across some Diepsloot development riders who needed them. I was close to the end of my ride, so I gave them the whole lot.

I did however notice that I was losing air whilst waiting for my egg roll at the end and wound up having to plug three unsealed punctures when I got home. Patches take up no space and weigh nothing. Even if it's being prepared for those who aren't, I try to carry as much as my saddlebag (yes, saddlebag - :blush: :blush: :blush: ) can accommodate.

Useless Fact of the day: If you could fold a piece of paper 42 times it would reach the moon. Each time you fold the piece of paper, its thickness doubles in length. So a 1mm thick piece of paper folded becomes 2mm, then 4, then, 8, then 16, etc. The exponential increase in width means that, mathematically, after only 42 folds, the paper would be 384,000 km thick: approximately the distance to the moon. (Disclaimer: we're not suggesting that this is actually possible. But nothing like a bit of maths on a Monday morning.)

Courtesy of the Daily Maverick

It is not 1mm, but 0.1mm

If it were 1mm you would get over 4 Million KM's