• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

post-2696-0-55381900-1513845027_thumb.jpg

Day 20: The Twin Jet Nebula. Situated about 4,000 light-years from Earth, PN M2-9 is a striking example of a bipolar planetary nebula. Bipolar planetary nebulae are formed when the central object is not a single star, but a binary system. Studies have shown that the nebula’s size increases with time, and measurements of this rate of increase suggest that the stellar outburst that formed the lobes occurred just 1,200 years ago.

*one of the more famous hubble images*

"Bushidō is a Japanese collective term for the many codes of honour and ideals that dictated the samurai way of life, loosely analogous to the concept of chivalry in Europe."

svMqifL.jpg

fqdkkA3.jpg

eFT6NLH.jpg

9us4vDA.jpg

"In 2006, Japan Airlines began suffering financial hardships despite being Asia’s leading airline in terms of revenue. Nishimatsu knew that cut-backs and layoffs would be necessary, so he chose to eliminate all of his corporate perks as a CEO to start. When Japan Airlines eventually had to lay off employees and force others into early retirement, Nishimatsu took a pay cut that had him earning less than the company’s pilots made — in 2007, Nishimatsu, the then-CEO of the world’s tenth-largest airline, made only $90,000. Unfortunately, like several other airlines during the global recession, Japan Airlines was forced to file for bankruptcy and Nishimatsu resigned in 2010."

https://nextshark.com/former-japan-airlines-ceo-reminds-us-of-what-a-great-boss-should-really-be-like/

Just thought it's a good story to share.

"Bushidō is a Japanese collective term for the many codes of honour and ideals that dictated the samurai way of life, loosely analogous to the concept of chivalry in Europe."

svMqifL.jpg

fqdkkA3.jpg

eFT6NLH.jpg

9us4vDA.jpg

"In 2006, Japan Airlines began suffering financial hardships despite being Asia’s leading airline in terms of revenue. Nishimatsu knew that cut-backs and layoffs would be necessary, so he chose to eliminate all of his corporate perks as a CEO to start. When Japan Airlines eventually had to lay off employees and force others into early retirement, Nishimatsu took a pay cut that had him earning less than the company’s pilots made — in 2007, Nishimatsu, the then-CEO of the world’s tenth-largest airline, made only $90,000. Unfortunately, like several other airlines during the global recession, Japan Airlines was forced to file for bankruptcy and Nishimatsu resigned in 2010."

https://nextshark.com/former-japan-airlines-ceo-reminds-us-of-what-a-great-boss-should-really-be-like/

Pity he can't become my new CEO. We wouldn't need any more bail outs.

Pity he can't become my new CEO. We wouldn't need any more bail outs.

"Unfortunately, like several other airlines during the global recession, Japan Airlines was forced to file for bankruptcy and Nishimatsu resigned in 2010."

​Not sure why you want a CEO that can't get a company through a recession. He might be a nice guy, and his approach might have been novel, but he didnt manage to save the business and the thousands of jobs that went with it....

"Unfortunately, like several other airlines during the global recession, Japan Airlines was forced to file for bankruptcy and Nishimatsu resigned in 2010."

​Not sure why you want a CEO that can't get a company through a recession. He might be a nice guy, and his approach might have been novel, but he didnt manage to save the business and the thousands of jobs that went with it....

Wanted him more for the fact that he reduced his pay. This place pays the big bosses way too much. Just by looking at the cars in their designated parking lot I can tell they over paid.

Wanted him more for the fact that he reduced his pay. This place pays the big bosses way too much. Just by looking at the cars in their designated parking lot I can tell they over paid.

I hear you.

Not too concerned about money earned, if "earned".... but I don't think some of your bosses have the competency to get paid what they do.

svMqifL.jpg

fqdkkA3.jpg

eFT6NLH.jpg

9us4vDA.jpg

It is, and believe it or not there are many folks like him, President Obama was also well known for standing in line with everyone else at Mcdonalds, he liked to meet folk and chat to them, he was a gentleman.

Warren Buffet owns a Toyota, and he drives himself to work everyday, here's a man who could buy anything he wants, but he drives a Toyota to work, on his own. He is also well know for answering his own office phone, within reason of course, he is busy, but nothing is deflected through to a secretary.

Sadly in today's world been a humble man is seen as weakness, but these men possess a great strength few would know.  

Wow, that is talent, for a second I thought it was a photo.

I wouldn't have the patience for that, let alone the talent.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk