• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

Mad!

There is, however, a high school physics exams question in there somewhere...

A freefalling skydiver makes use of a net instead of a parachute to break his fall.  He is travelling at a terminal velocity of 200km/h when he hits the net and comes to rest in 1.5 sec.  What G-force does his body experience?

Bonus question: If 50 G's is the maximum a human body can withstand and survive, is the skydiver now:

a) Dead

b) Just plain crazy

:lol:

He experienced only 3.8 G's  therefore he survived . b) is the correct answer

Which = 41.5745m

But he could have survived with just a 3.143m stop, So fall from the sky and stop in just over 3m and survive. just crazy :eek:

Please tell me that there is a door builders award and it's called the Oscars... ;)

Heard on the radio this morning that the United Nations decided to designate Valentines Day as the official "Day to Leave a Toxic Relationship". I couldn't help thinking that Reeva Steenkamp was trying to, but it didn't end the way the UN intends it to. :(

Heard on the radio this morning that the United Nations decided to designate Valentines Day as the official "Day to Leave a Toxic Relationship". I couldn't help thinking that Reeva Steenkamp was trying to, but it didn't end the way the UN intends it to. :(

I must be honest, hearing this makes me think we'll see a lot more end this way...

With the change in climate, I think we better get used to it.

Thunder storms used to be a very rare occurrence here, but I have noticed a distinct increase over the last few years.

With the change in climate, I think we better get used to it.

Thunder storms used to be a very rare occurrence here, but I have noticed a distinct increase over the last few years.

Even up in the highveld, the last couple of years the thunder storms were way more intense.