• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

That stone under the kickstand looks a little risky to be honest.

It's an old bike... maybe it needs a little help to keep it up...

:whistling:

if you think about it .... an atom is exceptionally small .... but if you split it, the effects are gigantic!

Operation_Upshot-Knothole_-_Badger_001.j

Like say small irrelevant things to your wife like "there is dust on the TV".  Effects are also sometimes gigantic.  :whistling:

Like say small irrelevant things to your wife like "there is dust on the TV".  Effects are also sometimes gigantic.  :whistling:

did you also walk up to the TV, look at it, walk out and come back with a rag to wipe down the TV ......... had a limp ever since

So next time a cyclist loses his life on the road are we allowed to be upset or not?

Nice amount of projection going on there, dude. Seems you may be in need of a bit of introspection. 

I just don't see how any of those facts make my life enormously insignificant. 

Nice amount of projection going on there, dude. Seems you may be in need of a bit of introspection. 

I just don't see how any of those facts make my life enormously insignificant. 

in the grand scheme of things, ie as far as the universe is concerned, you are enormously insignificant. 

in terms of your OWN life, in your own bubble, obviously that's a different story. Your wellbeing matters to you, and certain other people. People who identify with you, and who know you, care about you. Emotion exists. But it doesn't make you significant in terms of your impact on the universe as a whole. 

To someone on the other side of the world, you don't matter at all. You are insignificant. We are all made of dead stars, and obliterated planets. 

EDIT: It's a philosophical argument, and a tremendously humbling realisation, when you realise just how small you are compared to the vastness of it all. 

In other words, make your own experiences the best you can. Don't worry about other people, who affect you negatively. Give joy to those you love, and love those who give you joy. Tell the rest to fkoff, 'cos it's not worth devoting time to those who try to drag you down. 

But - you are insignificant, in the grand scheme of things. 

Edited by Myles Mayhew