Introduce yourself

Bianchisti

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am of the older clan. 61 but still going strong.

I have been riding road for a number of years, and now MTB for about 6 years.

My goal is to do stage race next year, a dream to be fulfilled.(I do not believe in bucket lists)

Doing mostly week-end rides, I last week stepped it up to do week rides as well. Staying in Meyerton helps somewhat as it is open and free riding.

The challenge is getting my weight down to an acceptable level. I want to drop at least 12 kg's. My wife and I am doing some healthy intake routine, which helps a lot. 

SO, it is up to myself getting my act together, and let the rubber burn on the road.

Following everyone on this forum will certainly help.

Hi everyone, 

My name is Vegan Warrior and i'm a singletrack addict and a zwiftoholic. 

Have learned many valuable lessons from thehub over the years. I have also avoided many sticky situations thanks to thehub police doing what they do best. 

So I thought it's time to say thank you, introduce myself and start making a positive contribution to thehub. 

Peace

VW 

Hi , my name is Kent and Im no expert BUT certainly enjoy riding trails etc etc...my ole trusty Axis A90 did me well for a year and recently I have aquired a "brand new" TREK that has had a 1x11 upgrade done to it....I would like to add a pic so you could tel me whats wrong with it....

Many thanks

Not sure how to add pics...

Howdy all

Thought i'd introduce myself, roguemeister here from kzn, been riding since school days, but had a little hiatus the last few years, getting back into it in lieu of Ironman 70.3 EL in only a few months time! 

Howdy all

Thought i'd introduce myself, roguemeister here from kzn, been riding since school days, but had a little hiatus the last few years, getting back into it in lieu of Ironman 70.3 EL in only a few months time!

Hi

Howdy all

Welcome

Hi guys,

not really new to these forums and have been a member circa 2014. Mostly do some lurking and reading on here and buy the odd thing here and there off the classifieds when I "want to need" them. Since i had never done this back then...thought i'd give a shoutout to you lot officially.

about me and bicycles: I grew up in the 90's and rode bicycles to school all the way through primary and high school, rain or shine....and yes i was in a bike gang too :whistling: So I've always had a love affair with doing silly crap on neon coloured steel mtb's. i never had the best stuff, money was tight but I rode what I had or inherited and It never really bothered me to fit in with the masses. Im a metal head too after all lol. 

Anyway, 35 and married now and longing back to those fun times i had on my crappy neon bikes. I have done the odd mtb race here and there. I am a fiercely competitive person in anything I do. Once did a 35km mtb race with my wife...on valentines day... and left her behind because she was going to slow  :blush: , finished 11th in class that day mind you...so it was worth it :devil: . But the whole XC thing just never really did it for me. I could probably enjoy the new enduro fad a bit more who knows. I just like messing around on a bicycle.  

Also went trough a phase where I resented being associated with anything cycling related due to the perceived faddy and snobby nature of it...it was/is the new golf in my eyes lol. So stopped for a while. anyway..i'm learning to deal with that. Still just want to ride my bicycle i guess 

Anyhow...Nostalgia (as is the case when getting older?) got me keen to build a full-retard-fun bicycle for just messing around on and throw down some stuff. Busy scavenging parts off people on here and around shops. Thankfully the bike industry and all the hate for 26" parts has made it relativly easy to get some great stuff for peanuts mostly. Still want to get it all blinged out though lol.

Aiming for a steel 26" long travel hardcore hardtail and as close to that neon i can manage. obviously also will need some purple bling on it being a 90's kid and all (because reasons).

here are some pics of some of the stuff im hoarding for the project, probably not the right place but i'll see if i want to start a build thread for it at some stage.

Thats me, again.

cool to meet you 

Morné

\m/

post-64325-0-60159000-1538910275_thumb.jpgpost-64325-0-96803100-1538910573_thumb.jpg

Edited by morneS555

Hi en welkom Morne. Lyk na n ordentlike projek wat jy meer besig is. Soos hulle se "gaan groot of gaan huis toe". Hou ons op hoogte.[emoji106]

Hi guys,

not really new to these forums and have been a member circa 2014. Mostly do some lurking and reading on here and buy the odd thing here and there off the classifieds when I "want to need" them. Since i had never done this back then...thought i'd give a shoutout to you lot officially.

about me and bicycles: I grew up in the 90's and rode bicycles to school all the way through primary and high school, rain or shine....and yes i was in a bike gang too :whistling: So I've always had a love affair with doing silly crap on neon coloured steel mtb's. i never had the best stuff, money was tight but I rode what I had or inherited and It never really bothered me to fit in with the masses. Im a metal head too after all lol.

Anyway, 35 and married now and longing back to those fun times i had on my crappy neon bikes. I have done the odd mtb race here and there. I am a fiercely competitive person in anything I do. Once did a 35km mtb race with my wife...on valentines day... and left her behind because she was going to slow :blush: , finished 11th in class that day mind you...so it was worth it [emoji317] . But the whole XC thing just never really did it for me. I could probably enjoy the new enduro fad a bit more who knows. I just like messing around on a bicycle.

Also went trough a phase where I resented being associated with anything cycling related due to the perceived faddy and snobby nature of it...it was/is the new golf in my eyes lol. So stopped for a while. anyway..i'm learning to deal with that. Still just want to ride my bicycle i guess

Anyhow...Nostalgia (as is the case when getting older?) got me keen to build a full-retard-fun bicycle for just messing around on and throw down some stuff. Busy scavenging parts off people on here and around shops. Thankfully the bike industry and all the hate for 26" parts has made it relativly easy to get some great stuff for peanuts mostly. Still want to get it all blinged out though lol.

Aiming for a steel 26" long travel hardcore hardtail and as close to that neon i can manage. obviously also will need some purple bling on it being a 90's kid and all (because reasons).

here are some pics of some of the stuff im hoarding for the project, probably not the right place but i'll see if i want to start a build thread for it at some stage.

Thats me, again.

cool to meet you

Morné

\m/

attachicon.gifIMG_2750.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_2753.jpg

This is like a AA meeting to me.

Hi my name is Wikus and I am an bikeaholic.

My addiction started around 5 years ago with an innocent little 26er.

We started slowly but in no time things got out of hand and everything went down hill, I just couldn't get enough of a fix and after 50+ bikes I knew I had a problem and needed help.

Good news I have been steady with a carbon 29er for the past 2 or 3 months and have not had any urges it's not been easy with loads of ups and downs but taking it 1 ride at a time.

We started slowly but in no time things got out of hand and everything went down hill, I just couldn't get enough of a fix and after 50+ bikes I knew I had a problem and needed help.

Good news I have been steady with a carbon 29er for the past 2 or 3 months and have not had any urges it's not been easy with loads of ups and downs but taking it 1 ride at a time.

50 bikes in 5 years?? That's good going

Lol! Pretty much like that.[emoji23]

I visited a friend this afternoon and he reminded me that my gravel bike he had borrowed a couple of months ago was still standing at his house.......I had forgotten I had this bike.......[emoji87]

Now there's 4 at the house again.[emoji16]