Show us your pets

tunariaan

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

some of you will remember Tyson. My boxer male.

Well, a few months ago we found a boxer female walking in the streets. She was unchipped with no tags.

After going throught the whole of benoni's vets and spcas to advise them of a found dog. No one claimed her and Layla became part of the family.

Judging by the below pictures....i am sure you will agree that Tyson is VERY happy about Layla.

Some 6 months ago I adopted two cats aged 9 and 7 from a family emigrating.

I live in a townhouse complex and there is a big tom making a pest of himself and fighting continuously with my tom.

He is extremely brazen and comes right into the house and also steals the cats food

I have had it with this cat.Short of sending him on his merry way with a well placed .22 can someone recommend a strategy.

I am trying to get him trapped in a room and beat the living sh*t out of him but he is too clever.

My cat stands up to him and has won many a battle now but I have had it

Paintball gun with pepper spray?

I live in a townhouse complex and there is a big tom making a pest of himself and fighting continuously with my tom.

He is extremely brazen and comes right into the house and also steals the cats food

I have had it with this cat.Short of sending him on his merry way with a well placed .22 can someone recommend a strategy.

I am trying to get him trapped in a room and beat the living sh*t out of him but he is too clever.

Get a cage from the SPCA, set it and trap him. Take him to the SPCA, ask them to neuter him. After he has recovered, release him near his home. Tell nobody.

Get a cage from the SPCA, set it and trap him. Take him to the SPCA, ask them to neuter him. After he has recovered, release him near his home. Tell nobody.

Rent a Big dog[emoji39]

We used to have this problem at our old house before we moved six months ago. My female cat, is very passive.  We had a neighbour who had lots of sausage dogs, and lots of cats.  Basically if the cats wanted some peace to do their business in the garden or roam around they would come to our house.  We had no dogs at the time to chase the cats away.  Problem was a large male tom that would come into our house and bully our cat.  One day we came home to blood all over the kitchen and balls of my cats fur pulled out (my cat is beige, the tom was black) and urine everywhere.  My cat was beaten and hiding under my bed. This was the last straw.  Sadly, when I spoke to the neighbour, she was very non chalant about the affair,  it was the one time I really lost my cool and threatened to shoot an animal. We got a dog a while later and that sorted the issue out. 

Guest notmyname

Pepper balls. I'm ashamed to admit I followed this path at my previous residents. Worked a treat, the dirty looks from the tom still make me giggle.

No jokes, you are allowed to take a cat that isn't yours to be neutered if he is causing issues in a residential area & especially in a complex.

My old vet told me they did it often. Maybe put a couple of complains in writing to the owner & body corporate or trustees & then go ahead.