Show us your pets

tunariaan

I agree. Braindead imbecile should be tied to a post and left to starve of hunger in a lion camp, let nature take its course. I'm having difficulty restraining my emotions today, this is just so wrong on so many levels.

WTF. Should've executed that excuse for a human on the spot. How can you do that to an animal? (or human for that matter)

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Andymann dude.. You have been taken from pillar to post. The last time we adopted from the SPCA. They came out that day and did an inspection. She was already sterilized/neutered (whichever it is) and we had her at home the next day. No meet and greet required. I really feel for you. I guess the disclaimer is that this was pmb as opposed to the big smoke up north.

Anyway that was 7 odd years ago and Sally has progressed from a skittish mess that wouldn't leave our tar to a world traveler with a love for life...keep persevering as you are making a difference.

Anyway that was 7 odd years ago and Sally has progressed from a skittish mess that wouldn't leave our tar to a world traveler with a love for life...keep persevering as you are making a difference.

Have to agree, my first adoption from the SPCA was a nervous, scared, battered little thing who literally wouldn't look you in the eye and peed in total fear if you happened to walk in the room unexpectedly.  Didn't really come near humans if he could help it.  Took him cos he was on death row and was an odd looking mutt that nobody wanted and my heart broke looking at him.  It was some work but with love and perseverance he developed into a cheeky, friendly,  loving and sweet dog who slept next  to me till the day he died. 

Have to agree, my first adoption from the SPCA was a nervous, scared, battered little thing who literally wouldn't look you in the eye and peed in total fear if you happened to walk in the room unexpectedly. Didn't really come near humans if he could help it. Took him cos he was on death row and was an odd looking mutt that nobody wanted and my heart broke looking at him. It was some work but with love and perseverance he developed into a cheeky, friendly, loving and sweet dog who slept next to me till the day he died.

Two of the rescues we adopted were skitish like this. Cola (girl a Whipador) and Rooney (boy Lab)....

Rooney was so bad that he was even scared of the Yorkie for the first few months, and would hide in the farthest corner of the yard. It takes time and lots of patience, but once they build the trust, they start to shine, and you know they are eternally grateful for the love you give them.

They both now behave as if neither had abusive previous owners.

Edited by Patchelicious

It's now getting increasingly frustrating.  Taz was not scheduled for her Puppy vaccinations because she was not on any adoption list.  Now they are going to inject her on the 20th only, and then they have to wait 10 days before she can be sterilized, before we can collect her.  Hell, the Vet that did the Cruciate ligament replacement on our other rescue even offered to call the SPCA and tell them that I would pay up front and they would personally vouch for us, but because we live in Pretoria and not Jhb, the Pretoria Vets cannot to that! I mean really.  I must admit I pushed back a little and told them that if they cannot get their house in order before the end of the year, we are going to have to reconsider.  One of the reasons we chose this time of the year is because my wife and I are on leave and can give a new pup all the attention it needs to help integrate it with the other dogs.  Come mid January, life gets really hectic again, and we wont be as chilled.

I just cannot fathom how when the SPCA is crying for people to assist adopting dogs, they make it so impossible to actually do so.

So Tshwane SPCA finally came to do a home inspection and as we expected all is fine.  Now all I need is a Vet in Jhb somewhere, who knows people at Booysens SPCA, and who would accept payment in advance, to convince the SPCA to let us collect Taz this weekend and first thing in the New Year let us bring her back for Sterilization.....

Anyone?

So Tshwane SPCA finally came to do a home inspection and as we expected all is fine.  Now all I need is a Vet in Jhb somewhere, who knows people at Booysens SPCA, and who would accept payment in advance, to convince the SPCA to let us collect Taz this weekend and first thing in the New Year let us bring her back for Sterilization.....

Anyone?

Who is the vet that normally does their sterilisations? Maybe try there first? 

I did it with my one female adoption from the local SPCA.  Found out which vet they used and made the arrangements. Took her home and then took her to the vet for sterilization otherwise she would have had to wait at the  SPCA  till it was all done.  

Edited by Red Robin

Who is the vet that normally does their sterilisations? Maybe try there first? 

I did it with my one female adoption from the local SPCA. Took her home and then took her to the vet for sterilization otherwise she would have had to wait at the  SPCA  till it was all done.  

Busy waiting for them to give me the number.....

That guys set up is awesome !

It is.

They plug in their lead,this powers all his clippers, blowers and the water pump and geyser to ensure Pup is scrubbed with lukewarm water. And the hairballs are contained in the drawer.

I'm sure there are cheaper options, but they offer a great service, Baloo has no issues with them and it's very convenient.

Edited by PhilipV