Smoking and Cycling

Slowbee

Its been about 8 months now since I stopped using the E-cig and a year and 6 months of the "Lucky's".Every now and then I will get a wiff of second hand smoke and I will get a quick craving for a smoke,but I would never do that to myself again.

Sometimes in the early hours of the morning,just before waking,I dream about these quick cravings and in my dream I will just smoke one cigarette to ease the craving.I've woken up more than once really angry at myself for smoking again,just to realise I was only dreaming.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont take this the wrong way but this is still the relatively easy bit.

The real problem comes in a few weeks when you mind starts to mess with you and convince you that a puff or two isnt a bad thing. Keep strong, you should be over most of the initial cravings and just remember, your mind hates you!! :P

2 years later and my mind still hates me :cursing:

So does my wife seen as she has no desire to quit either.

Its not the most fun mental game to play :(

Having a partner that smokes makes it 10 times as hard to kick, really impressed that you have managed to hold out!!

If you haven't already, read the Allen Carr book - EVEN IF YOU HAVE STOPPED.

The thing about that book is that it makes something click in your head and I don't know how else to describe it. 

I am an ex-smoker and my wife still smokes.  It doesn't bother me at all, in fact, I feel a little bit sorry for her...

Saturday at the Lionman, I was on exactly 6 months. After 25 years, it took long to really start feeling a difference. I believe I will only really see huge differences in about another 6 months.

If you still on it, read the book from Allen Carr or PM me your email for a copy.

I'll second this.  The only smoking cessation therapy / drug / NRT that actually works is Allen Carr.

Unless you do the book or the course, you won't believe that it can work.

I believe you can do any of the Allen Carr items (Course, Book, DVD, etc) as the message is the same. I just read the book as I found a PDF on the interwebs  :ph34r:

The method is very simple, but you need to go through all the motions (read, etc) before you will actually realize what is correct and what is wrong.

There is a bit of bad psychology in "it is bad for your health, etc", but this is not any major topic.

He dispels all myths like "It is a Habit".

He explains why you must not take any medication, patches or any NRT's.

He explains why cold turkey is the ONLY way.

The bottom line is that he makes you realize that it is an ADDICTION to Nicotine. No different to any other addiction. Ask yourself the question "will I be happy and continue as is if addicted to Heroin"?

While reading the book and smoking. I drag a puff, the I drag a puff of air and realized that I could not taste anything different.

If your mind becomes clear, it is EASY. It was so easy that my wife still cannot understand how I could read a book and just stop.

I stopped Cold and in the 6 months did not once had any craving.

Check out this stats for some more motivation.

post-10303-0-07292200-1437126707_thumb.jpg

dont take that drag.

Ride a section of track say 20 km when you first stop.

Do the same 20 km six months later.

And again a year later.

See how you feel.

Now you know why you stopped.

and REMEMBER Dont take that Drag

Edited by Mousea

6 months off the ciggies now. 

First 3 were tough. 

Now I only get the very occasional craving and a small one at that. 

Will not touch those damn things again, i've actually turned into one of those really hectic anti-smokers i hoped I wouldn't. 

5 or 6 weeks of cigarettes using an e-cig.

Tapered the nicotine off to 3mg now and once my juice stash runs out I will take it to 0mg.

Once that is done I will be good.

So far so good.

Next month is my 6th year of not touching a cigarette because of my eCig. I actually hate the smell of smoke now.

Getting nice and fit again, and lungs feel great. Thinking of stopping the eCig too, purely because I am starting to not like having something I am dependent on. I do enjoy my eCig though.

Edited by DominionZA

• 2 weeks later...

I am such a freakin idiot. I know that its a poef idea to have a puff. Three weeks ago at a paardy Piet beer did not think it is such a bad idea. Been puffing away for three weeks. Monday is d day AGAIN... So gatvol for myself. Keep it up guys! Well done!

I am such a freakin idiot. I know that its a poef idea to have a puff. Three weeks ago at a paardy Piet beer did not think it is such a bad idea. Been puffing away for three weeks. Monday is d day AGAIN... So gatvol for myself. Keep it up guys! Well done!

Uh Oh that one puff.

Get back on the "Bike"

3 weeks for me tomorrow. Going well, I think the best part is this time I don't feel like I'm missing out by not smoking, now I know I do t enjoy it and it's actually crap being reliant on smokes all the time