Coffee machine

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah ok. I haven't been down that side of the centre for a while. Why did they move? The coffee shop was always pretty popular it seemed. Glad they still open and that it wasn't another small business death by lockdown.

It was a long time coming. Basically a drawn out lease renegotiation that didn't come to fruition. 

The owner went out of his way to help us when we started up and throughout our coffee journey, so I have a very soft spot for Royal Roasters and the team there.....

A friend just dropped this off now .... will be interesting try out and I really love the packaging.

looks great, but is really just average at best.

has anyone bought from them before?

Good pricing, especially on grinders

I do know the owner personally and I buy coffee from them regularly but I have never bought machines r anything else from them

This morning while grinding my coffee grinder made that horrible arcing noise, spat some blue sparks and let it's black smoke out.

Now I know when the black smoke escapes from appliances they are usually pretty dead.

But a quick look at Facebook marketplace for a lekker grinder tells me I know to see if I can refill the black smoke in it.

It's a Simonelli Grinta, a pretty good grinder, and after working on my Oscar I know it's basic and pretty robust inside, so hopefully some electric acrobatics can save the day here.

I opened the grinder up yesterday, and found that the pc board controller thingy has burned out.

So I'm going to see if I can find a board like this, and plan B is to buy a prototyping board from RS Components and build one myself. Obviously I'll prefer the stock board, but I also like learning new skills.

3f6f0bc2610125c90ee61aa3146ea004.jpg

Edited by PhilipV

I opened the grinder up yesterday, and found that the pc board controller thingy has burned out.

So I'm going to see if I can find a board like this, and plan B is to buy a prototyping board from RS Components and build one myself. Obviously I'll prefer the stock board, but I also like learning new skills.

3f6f0bc2610125c90ee61aa3146ea004.jpg

If all else fails you will still be able to make it an on/off style switch!

I know it may be a long shot...

I have a Severin Conical Burr grinder that has handled every bean I throw at it for a couple of years. It suddenly stopped to extract the beans from the burrs. The motor turns but you can hear it is straining. I cleaned it, made sure the extraction chute is clear, but still no luck.

There may be a bean stuck somewhere, but I can't figure out how to open the grinder up. 

Any clues?

It is far out of it's warranty and I have no idea who works on these and if it is even worth the cost.

Thanks in advance!

https://capecoffeebeans.co.za/collections/coffee-grinders/products/severin-conical-burr-electric-coffee-grinder?gclid=CjwKCAjwqML6BRAHEiwAdquMnVFYgScg9_oAxR1ExIiwWuqWU82q7Ry0M5vybQhW3u35nKfea4RPsBoCRBYQAvD_BwE

Unfortunately the grinder is no more - couldn't open it up completely, but enough to see that the motor is damaged (judged by the black smoke sticking to the insides of the machine. 

I had it for 5+ years and need to replace it as my manual burr grinder is nice to use once in a while, but not every time we drink coffee.

I see the Severin has nearly doubled in price since I bought one. 

I use the grinder mostly for French Press, Aeropress and pour over. 

Any recommendations for a similar burr grinder?

The Melitta Molino looks quite good at an attractive price point. Does anyone here have one? 

Cheers!

My machine was in for a service this week so it was Turkish and V60, was a nice change to be honest, but thankfully got it back today.

Hey Guys

I'm selling Fiorenzato F64 espresso grinder (Forenzato F64 E XGR). 

I used use 2 grinders (One for decaf and one for regular) but am solely using decaf now, so no use for 2 grinders anymore.

PM me for more info

Got one of these this week - Delonghi Dedica EC685.

Pleasantly surprised thus far. Bit concerned about the 1 year warranty, seems a bit short?

But at 15bar pressure the espresso is awesome.  ;)  

post-20017-0-26597400-1600427200_thumb.png

Unfortunately the grinder is no more - couldn't open it up completely, but enough to see that the motor is damaged (judged by the black smoke sticking to the insides of the machine. 

I had it for 5+ years and need to replace it as my manual burr grinder is nice to use once in a while, but not every time we drink coffee.

Cheers!

Motors can be repaired and fairly cost effectively.

Got one of these this week - Delonghi Dedica EC685.

Pleasantly surprised thus far. Bit concerned about the 1 year warranty, seems a bit short?

But at 15bar pressure the espresso is awesome.  ;)  

Was looking at this or the Breville. Saw a youtuber have to purge the Delonghi to let it cool after drawing the espresso in order to froth the milk. Any experience with this or not really an issue?

Was looking at this or the Breville. Saw a youtuber have to purge the Delonghi to let it cool after drawing the espresso in order to froth the milk. Any experience with this or not really an issue?

Yes, I saw video, was also concerned about it. I at most make 2 double espresso's with 2 cups froth milk at a time and have not experienced what he did yet.