Coffee machine

Some feedback after a few months: I am very happy with the Lelit Mara X. It has some clever patent pending tricks which makes it a joy to use: Smart boiler control with multiple temperature sensors and a auto pre-infusion gadget. These can be bypassed, but they work very well.

The little Eureka grinder is great- quiet, low retention and easy dial.

Nice!!!

FYI: Some good 3d print designs mods for the Specialata here:

Eureka Mignon single-dose hopper and bellows by rmanalan - Thingiverse

Eureka Mignon Perfetto/Specialita/Silenzio Coffee Grinder Tray by eric_chu - Thingiverse

58mm espresso machine portafilter wall holder rack by jimhigson - Thingiverse

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Our shop is in Emmarentia, called Fingers Crossed Coffee. Address is 2A, Fifth Avenue.

Otherwise, I've dropped you a PM with our contact details.

Thanks, will be in contact for sure.  My current beans is almost finished ...  :wacko: .

Checkers carries those too at half the price. My dad is running one and has been pleasantly surprised. He has used a Hario too and can't tell a difference really, except for the slightly wonky knob for the grind arm.

My Oscar was blowing steam through the group head, after some reading and a decent amount of time and tools, I found i piece of metal probably from one of the parts in the 3 way solenoid.

Anyway this fixed that, but it's time the machine goes for a service. I ordered a service kit from partserve, but i don't think it's the same as supplied for the Oscar.

So now anyone know, from experience who's good a reliable i can get my machine serviced. Preferably in Cape Town area...

...my machine gets used 4-5 times a day, and i couldn't be too long without it.

Try Kokdserve. They service mine. I'm sure they do Nuova Siminelli as well. There's also another coffee spot in the same industrial park that appear to be in the coffee machine business. Koldserve are based in Kuilsriver. Otherwise search for Alessandro Morrico he was the distributor.

My Oscar was blowing steam through the group head, after some reading and a decent amount of time and tools, I found i piece of metal probably from one of the parts in the 3 way solenoid.

Anyway this fixed that, but it's time the machine goes for a service. I ordered a service kit from partserve, but i don't think it's the same as supplied for the Oscar.

So now anyone know, from experience who's good a reliable i can get my machine serviced. Preferably in Cape Town area...

Wolfgang in Woodstock is pretty good. He and his partner, Robert (who is based in Durbanville) run a business called xtractIT. DM me for contact details. Reasonable, quick, close and no issues with work.

I had my Oscar serviced at Rock & Roller coffee in Montague Gardens before I sold it. I think they are N S agents in CT.  Great service from Gerald would def recommend.

https://rockandroller.coffee/

Anyone aware of companies or people that service Gaggia home machines? Doesn’t seem to be a broadly supported brand here....

Try Kokdserve. They service mine. I'm sure they do Nuova Siminelli as well. There's also another coffee spot in the same industrial park that appear to be in the coffee machine business. Koldserve are based in Kuilsriver. Otherwise search for Alessandro Morrico he was the distributor.

Thanks, I called them. They currently having a special on servicing machines. They've also given me a time of about  24-48 hours I'll be without machine. Just trying to get hold of RocknRolla and the place Trance Dance has recommended.

Anyone aware of companies or people that service Gaggia home machines? Doesn’t seem to be a broadly supported brand here....

BrewFix in Victoria Junction are the Gaggia guys in CT.