Coffee machine

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Hubbers,

I am in the market for a semi auto espresso machine like the Gaggia classic pro or the Rancillo Silvia. I am following some Facebook pages that I came by thanks to some hubbers. These machines seems to be as scarce as hen's teeth though. If anybody wants to upgrade or know of some machine somewhere please give me a shout. It is my new hobby for 2021 as life is just to short not to enjoy good coffee (and taking into account  all the shiate going on nowadays.

Cheers

Joe

Hi Hubbers,

I am in the market for a semi auto espresso machine like the Gaggia classic pro or the Rancillo Silvia. I am following some Facebook pages that I came by thanks to some hubbers. These machines seems to be as scarce as hen's teeth though. If anybody wants to upgrade or know of some machine somewhere please give me a shout. It is my new hobby for 2021 as life is just to short not to enjoy good coffee (and taking into account all the shiate going on nowadays.

Cheers

Joe

PM the_nerd. He has an uncanny ability to sniff out these machines. In fact, I think he has a Silvia waiting for a new boiler

PM the_nerd. He has an uncanny ability to sniff out these machines. In fact, I think he has a Silvia waiting for a new boiler

Dankie Flippa

Oi Flippa how are things in Oirland?

Living the dream! It's pretty good, working, living, etc. even in spite of Covid.

Living in a small town of about 25 000 people, with two roasters and 9 coffee shops, so I'm in coffee heaven.

what is the riding like?

what is the riding like?

Plenty of narrow country roads to ride on. Not much MTB near me, unless I drive out to Ticknock or Rostrevor, which I haven't had the opportunity to do because of Covid.

Looking forward to riding some of the Wild Atlantic Way at some point too in the future, post-vaccine.

Any thoughts on this machine? Currently im using an espresso machine, nothing wrong with it, just thinking it would be nice to have a bean to cup setup, coz im lazy...

post-36629-0-63349300-1610311158_thumb.png

Edited by gemmerbal

Any thoughts on this machine? Currently im using an espresso machine, nothing wrong with it, just thinking it would be nice to have a bean to cup setup, coz im lazy...

I got one before lockdown, very happy with my purchase. Makes a very consistent coffee. I just need to up my frothing skills, but otherwise solid. Very convenient 5am in the morning.

post-17760-0-67846300-1610342046_thumb.jpeg

I like my bean to cup machine, once setup properly it makes a great coffee which is very consistent.

I know its not quite as good as you can get doing everything manually, but its close enough and just requires pushing a single button when you are still half asleep!

We will obviously need to wait till the experts like the nerd reply but I think in that price range most of the machines will be fine for what you want. I have a Jura xf50(I paid just over R7k for a used one)  which is probably in the same sort of range as that. I am happy with it for my needs. I use fresh beans from the nerd so it helps.

I got one before lockdown, very happy with my purchase. Makes a very consistent coffee. I just need to up my frothing skills, but otherwise solid. Very convenient 5am in the morning.

Larney cups. My mom has a whole tea set with pot and mugs. I am too scared to use it after I saw the price.

Hallo to all the coffee lovers and experts, I have the following machine, Severin S2+ Fully Automatic Coffee Machine , it is in for repairs for maybe the fifth time?? Always some niggles, now got informed that it is not worth repairing at all....I see they trade for R 16441 if one can get them locally. Now my big question, what can I get for that amount that is similar or even better specced? Thanks in advance......

Gaggia Classic and aluminium boiler machine owners, what are you guys using to descale your machines? Looking to avoid Dezcal/citric acid if I can. CPT based.