Coffee machine

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday my Jura told me the water filter needed replacing. I looked in the manual and it says they need replacing every 50 litres or 2 months. Sounds excessive to me. I am going to get a new filter and fit it as I don't know how old the one fitted is but I am wondering if next time I can stretch the filters life?(If I just tell the machine I have fitted a new filter the message should go away?)  Takealot have them for R225.

Anyone else with a Jura, what do you do?

Yesterday my Jura told me the water filter needed replacing. I looked in the manual and it says they need replacing every 50 litres or 2 months. Sounds excessive to me. I am going to get a new filter and fit it as I don't know how old the one fitted is but I am wondering if next time I can stretch the filters life?(If I just tell the machine I have fitted a new filter the message should go away?)  Takealot have them for R225.

Anyone else with a Jura, what do you do?

Mines been telling me to replace it for about 10 years now...  :ph34r:

Joburg water is pretty good by global standards (I think) so I'm not too stressed

What I do do (I know), is pop one of those cleaning pills in it every now and then. Which I actually need to buy again now that I think of it. Touch wood it all seems to be ticking over well.

Mines been telling me to replace it for about 10 years now...  :ph34r:

Joburg water is pretty good by global standards (I think) so I'm not too stressed

LOL ok cool. Do you descale your machine? I was reading on the Jura site and it seems the filter helps with scale.

What I do do (I know), is pop one of those cleaning pills in it every now and then. Which I actually need to buy again now that I think of it. Touch wood it all seems to be ticking over well.

I have the cleaning tablets and I do a clean every 2 weeks. You also get specific tablets for de-scaling. I haven't done that though.

LOL ok cool. Do you descale your machine? I was reading on the Jura site and it seems the filter helps with scale.

Nah, only cleaning tabs. Now that you've sent links I may just buy both and give the old girl some TLC.

I have the cleaning tablets and I do a clean every 2 weeks. You also get specific tablets for de-scaling. I haven't done that though.

Get some Citric acid (Buffalo and Robertson’s make it). A 100g refill is good enough for 2-3 descale cycles. Much cheaper than the branded descaler.

62d5e9546bf1b8f60b1fa542c4c1fe03.jpg

So new predicament, just bought a new house and my coffee machine and grinder don’t fit anywhere! Built in cupboards to low so height of machine is an issue. Maybe my equipment is overkill, la Cimbali grinder and San Marco pract-e machine.

Should I go the super- automatic route and sell these or just build a shelf. Had a super automatic before, but hell I also like the whole portafilter and steam wand thing. Plus I’ve trained my kids

So new predicament, just bought a new house and my coffee machine and grinder don’t fit anywhere! Built in cupboards to low so height of machine is an issue. Maybe my equipment is overkill, la Cimbali grinder and San Marco pract-e machine.

Should I go the super- automatic route and sell these or just build a shelf. Had a super automatic before, but hell I also like the whole portafilter and steam wand thing. Plus I’ve trained my kids

Keep the grinder and machine and sell the house? :-)

Or build a shelf. I don't think you will enjoy a super-automatic as much if you like the whole process of making espresso with the combo you have.