Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

I'm looking for one as well. Apparently the new versions come with a quick link tool like the Wolftooth one but none of the places I'm looking at online can tell me if it's the new version or the old version. 

Interesting. I'm not too clued up on old and new versions of the EDC. I was oblivious and only thought thee was one version with a quicklink tool like the one below:

post-10758-0-68342400-1526417527_thumb.png

Is this the one you are referring to or is there a newer version of this?

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the quest to go pack-less, but with a minimalist look (no one can honestly say that saddle bags look good), and following on from my cage-less water bottle installation, I have decided to address the matter of trailside tools.

The result was the purchase of one of these:

IMG-20180515-WA0002.jpeg

IMG-20180515-WA0006.jpeg

http://theradavist.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/OneUp-Components-EDC-Grid.jpg

which has been installed as follows:

http://www.bikepacking.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/OneUp-Components-EDC-Tool-Hightower-Hand-2-1024.jpg

http://www.bikepacking.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/OneUp-Components-EDC-Stem-Top-1024.jpg

OneUp-Components-EDC-System5.jpg

It seems to offer just about everything one needs in a trailside mechanical emergency. The only things left to address are spare tube and CO2 bomb + adapter (although the EDC can have a CO2 bomb attached in place of the storage tube).

According to CRC and OneUp stock levels, these things are quite hard to come by, but luckily a LBS had 2 ins stock and also included installation with the purchase, which saved me buying the steerer tube tapping kit and potentially messing things up.

Approximately R1500 all in.

Thats pretty cool!

In the quest to go pack-less, but with a minimalist look (no one can honestly say that saddle bags look good), and following on from my cage-less water bottle installation, I have decided to address the matter of trailside tools.

The result was the purchase of one of these:

attachicon.gifIMG-20180515-WA0002.jpeg

attachicon.gifIMG-20180515-WA0006.jpeg

http://theradavist.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/OneUp-Components-EDC-Grid.jpg

which has been installed as follows:

It seems to offer just about everything one needs in a trailside mechanical emergency. The only things left to address are spare tube and CO2 bomb + adapter (although the EDC can have a CO2 bomb attached in place of the storage tube).

According to CRC and OneUp stock levels, these things are quite hard to come by, but luckily a LBS had 2 ins stock and also included installation with the purchase, which saved me buying the steerer tube tapping kit and potentially messing things up.

Approximately R1500 all in.

Not bad if it includes the $20 CAN  :ph34r:

Interesting. I'm not too clued up on old and new versions of the EDC. I was oblivious and only thought thee was one version with a quicklink tool like the one below:

attachicon.gifOneup QL Breaker.PNG

I like it, :thumbup:  and nearly bought it a while back.  

But, then I'll have to swap my  fork with its carbon steering tube for one with Aluminium steering tube!! :thumbdown: 

That's just not going to happen. 

OOOPPPSS, I said that wrong

I replaced my IDT with an indoor exercise bike. At least it has some programs one can use

attachicon.gifOneup QL Breaker.PNG

I didn't realise that there was a QL breaker in the original one. That is very nice. 

This was the thing I recently saw from the SeaOtter coverage. If so then what will replace the in tool QL remover? 

Oneup-components-dropper-post-edc-kit-ch

Not bad if it includes the $20 CAN  :ph34r:

I got mine in Auckland and it has $20 NZD in it... which was transferred out of my dirt bike tool pouch, so no free money sadly :(

Edited by patches

Oh yeah, I think like must of the cool gadgets that showcase at Sea Otter, this new version of the EDC is a prototype/concept, not available to the public just yet. I looked at the US and international online stores and didn't see it.

On the plus side, it looks like the basic tool and mounting are the same, and OneUp does sell all the components of the EDC individually as spares, so you could get the regular and add the pliers at a later stage

just tie a piece of old shoe lace to your pump or something and then use this to break the QL ... amazingly efficient and good hack

Oh yeah, I think like must of the cool gadgets that showcase at Sea Otter, this new version of the EDC is a prototype/concept, not available to the public just yet. I looked at the US and international online stores and didn't see it.

On the plus side, it looks like the basic tool and mounting are the same, and OneUp does sell all the components of the EDC individually as spares, so you could get the regular and add the pliers at a later stage

That is great. If the tool already has a QL tool on it then no need. I was looking at the Wolf Tool one and it's R450 as it is. For the extra money the EDC cut's down the kit in the pack, is good value and doesn't leaving me swearing at QL's. 

Never managed to get the shoelace trick working or the wire trick but have on occasion got the dummy spit, massage swearing and roll home with no chain trick perfected.