Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

5 minutes ago, DJuice said:

I am with you!

To be honest, I went on the cheap this time round, did not make use of my preferred installer, he only works with Victron and took the cheapest quote. It is in the garage out of sight, except for when I am on the IDT.

but its not just your install, I'm yet to see pics of a neat install. I'm sure they exist, I've just not seen them.

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, ouzo said:

nice.

I just can never understand why these installations are never done neatly. My OCD goes crazy when I see these installations.

Will your OCD approve of my install?   🤪😂

image.jpeg.ce2333b709890d0a0f1e25e5a759d726.jpeg

7 minutes ago, TheoG said:

Will your OCD approve of my install?   🤪😂

Just DONT take a picture showing the rest of the garage... you'll send Ouzo into ocd rehab

Edited by 117

12 minutes ago, ouzo said:

its better but there are still exposed wires 

Will show you a good example after I get to taking some pics...

1 hour ago, DJuice said:

Sort of cycling related, means no cycling purchases for the next 3 years.

Can at least watch TDF.sun.jpg.f3f78d07195017fd0268bf008da5cadf.jpg

8KW with 2x Hubble AM2s? 

I have the 5KW with the same batteries. Definitely worth it. No loadshedding and my electricity bill is never more than R250. I just pay for my geyser to run. 16 panels on the roof.

I don't see the logger installed on your inverter unless the 8KW has it in a different place. Works great to monitor your system. 

My one question is... are those galvanized metal channels? 

25 minutes ago, Steady Spin said:

8KW with 2x Hubble AM2s? Correct.

I have the 5KW with the same batteries. Definitely worth it. No loadshedding and my electricity bill is never more than R250. I just pay for my geyser to run. 16 panels on the roof.

If the bill can come down below R1500 will be happy.

I don't see the logger installed on your inverter unless the 8KW has it in a different place. Works great to monitor your system. 

Logger is being installed tomorrow. On Friday the panels, Monday the solar geyser and yesterday the inverter and battaries.

My one question is... are those galvanized metal channels? 
Think so, makes a tingle sound when I tap them, not carbon…

I know nothing about these installs, take it is not supposed to be galvanized…? Do not even replace a buld, the boys joke and say lets call oom Bernard.

Alarmed at the difference in evaluating a COC, had the electrition back three times. 

3 minutes ago, DJuice said:

You have a great setup there. 

You will definitely see a great reduction in your bill. If you set it up to power the house at night from the batteries then even better. We use about 40% to 50% between 18:00 and 06:00 to power everything. Gas stove and heating though.

As for the channels....you have power cables passing through there. I think it should be plastic but if you have the COC and proper grommets are used then I don't see a problem.

Edited by Steady Spin

47 minutes ago, Steady Spin said:

You have a great setup there. 

You will definitely see a great reduction in your bill. If you set it up to power the house at night from the batteries then even better. We use about 40% to 50% between 18:00 and 06:00 to power everything. Gas stove and heating though.

As for the channels....you have power cables passing through there. I think it should be plastic but if you have the COC and proper grommets are used then I don't see a problem.

Unfortunately I cant cycle my GEL batteries everyday and save even more, they just wont last.  I need to pull the triger on Lithium batteries at some stage.

Already saving 68% on money as is.  Got solar PV on my geyser, not using Eishkom at all on it.

Edited by TheoG

5 hours ago, DJuice said:

Sort of cycling related, means no cycling purchases for the next 3 years.

Can at least watch TDF.sun.jpg.f3f78d07195017fd0268bf008da5cadf.jpg

May I ask what system you got?

Edit: Nvm, asked and answered

Edited by M L

On 6/21/2022 at 2:57 PM, Bloukrans said:

When Im not riding😁

20220620_125649.jpg

my Mrs won't cook with anything else

New laptop day the other day, for just in case I need to start working from home in the near or far future - and yes, I'm on the Hub on mobile and on the laptop as I text this out 😁

20220712_171822.jpg

20220712_172201.jpg

It was a very long weekend of draad trek ....

Extending the capacity of my UPS battery box for those long day time loadsheds.  (Using panels already approved by a NERSA application)

Screenshot_20220712-194542_Gallery.jpg.3689b94a48a95da221f73df2505d1a34.jpg

And YES, it is cycling related 👍

Screenshot_20220712-194544_Gallery.jpg.39b7e69c76e20ea23a3272113455d7eb.jpg

Even cleaned up the cable layout for the IDT

Just about the neatest setup I seen...

8kW Sunsync hybrid inverter
24 x 385W panels
20kW lithium recycled Revov battery pack (split into 4 units...)
DB split into Essentials for Loadshedding (plugs, lights and some light load items) and the Full Eskom
All packaged into a neat Mainframe cabinet on wheels

20220712_203029.jpg

20220712_203042.jpg

20220712_203108.jpg

Edited by capediver