Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

3 minutes ago, J Wakefield said:

I have to admit I am so far removed from some cycling things hearing this is a 20k fork. Jirree. 

Were. Now much lower used. Some "reviewers" complained of them flexing under braking, who knows?

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, CAAD4 said:

Were. Now much lower used. Some "reviewers" complained of them flexing under braking, who knows?

Even more removed if I didn't know they available any more 🤪

On the flexibility someone said to me a certain crank set they found had to much flex, literally at breakfast earlier that day I told someone I thought they were the stiffest thing I have ever ridden and loved it.....

31 minutes ago, CAAD4 said:

Pretty sure @Me rida my bicycle will give us feedback on the handling shortly.

Though in typical Cape Town fashion the "morning rain" set in late and we are yet to find out what the weekend weather will be like .....  NOT that @Me rida my bicycle has every been scared of a bit of mud ....

4 hours ago, Stockman said:

So after 8 years on my trusted Scalpel that enjoyed many an upgrade during that time. Probably could have bought another two with the money spent. I was given a no brainer trade in at my LBS on the purchase of this beauty.

Switched over my crank and power meter, the Spez Saddle and the Riser Bars and boy she is a super machine. As comfy as can be, with very different handling.

Have subsequently change the rubber to something that rolls a little quicker and easier for the longer flatter rides.

IMG_4247.jpg

IMG_4248.jpg

IMG_4251.jpg

IMG_4253.jpg

IMG_4259.jpg

Great bike partner , one needs to see this bike in the flesh to appreciate it , lovely paintjob.

On 4/27/2022 at 8:07 PM, CAAD4 said:

Looks great. What engineering work did you do for it to fit your Hope Hub? I agree this was a major drawback of the RS1 for me.

Made new alxe/end caps and spacer for the disc. Even little bigger than the predictive hub so wheel stays in place even if I remove the forks alxe/QR. 

2 hours ago, CAAD4 said:

It feels better than the 120mm 32 fox it replaced in. It's less flexi under braking, steering feels faster somehow if that makes sense, but how this thing sucks up the trails is next level even compared to the Kashima I had on my previous bike. 

Luckily I did not pay anything close to it's new price. 

Main reason I changed was for the look 😁

On 4/29/2022 at 12:16 PM, J Wakefield said:

Here are some of the final photos with some detail 

JohnWakefield_Saffron_3.jpg

JohnWakefield_Saffron_17.jpg

JohnWakefield_Saffron_11.jpg

JohnWakefield_Saffron_19.jpg

JohnWakefield_Saffron_15.jpg

JohnWakefield_Saffron_18.jpg

Jealous!!

That is beyond beautiful, enjoy, many happy miles.

2 hours ago, Chadvdw67 said:

Easybike special, killer deal.....

20220504_132133.jpg

Sweet man!

easybike offers best deals -often cheaper or same price as i see advertise don the hub