Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

26 minutes ago, BaGearA said:

Picked up this the other day , longer airspring and carbon wheels incoming

Probably will go single speed once I've worn the drivetrain out , 11spd is getting to scarce

IMG-20220905-WA0004.jpeg

Nice, I test rode one of those a long time ago at a Trek test day, just wanted to put it on the back wheel all the time.  Apparently it doesn't do well as an SS though, something about flex of the chainstay, which doesn't make much sense to me, as it should then flex with gears too.  Maybe just Google it though.

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, BaGearA said:

Probably will go single speed once I've worn the drivetrain out , 11spd is getting to scarce

IMG-20220905-WA0004.jpeg

Had one of those and it was an absolute hoot on trails. Running 17/21 PSI F/R you could point it down pretty much anything and just hold on. It'd monster truck over/through some really chunky/sloppy stuff with nary a hint of an issue. 

Beware of 3" tyre availability though, hen's teeth. Those Bontragers roll well but are very prone to punctures, and if you throw a set of more reasonable 2.5/2.6in treads on the stock 46mm ID rims they're squarer than an electrical engineering banquet. 

Enjoy!

1 hour ago, TyronLab said:

Had one of those and it was an absolute hoot on trails. Running 17/21 PSI F/R you could point it down pretty much anything and just hold on. It'd monster truck over/through some really chunky/sloppy stuff with nary a hint of an issue. 

Beware of 3" tyre availability though, hen's teeth. Those Bontragers roll well but are very prone to punctures, and if you throw a set of more reasonable 2.5/2.6in treads on the stock 46mm ID rims they're squarer than an electrical engineering banquet. 

Enjoy!

Thats why i got 30mm carbons coming , 2.6 will be my staple on this bike 

21 hours ago, BaGearA said:

IMG-20220905-WA0004.jpeg

What is this beauty? 

6 minutes ago, BaGearA said:

Stache 9.7 , no longer available in SA and only warranty frames are still being manufactured 

I wanted to get my hands on a Medium carbon Stache for ages.

130mm SS with 2.8 tires. 

I managed to get my ROS9 back so the itch was never scratched.

ENJOY!

On 8/30/2022 at 3:47 PM, MORNE said:

👀

I mean….It was just loitering about in classifieds….

44C33A61-32C5-497E-919D-D657B4E65650.jpeg

So here it is…borderline a midlife crises purchase, the ‘biggest’ bike i’ve ever owned. It caught my eye months ago when it first got listed on here and nobody ‘wanted’ it.
Its MY size you see.

to paraphrase @Jewbacca, its rad and jizz worthy for sure…now i just need to learn to use it to at least 50% its capability haha. 

Cotic Rocket Max gen3 XL

Fox factory x2 

Lyrik ultimate 160mm

GX Axs/X01 groupset

Bikeyoke Revive dropper

Hope fortus 30 wheelset

formula Cura brakeset

WheelsMfg dub bb

some other bits and bobs that came with it.

#AllTheGearAndNoClue 

#FokJouEkDoenWatEkWil 

🤣

9B36E349-5E6B-42B9-8F69-6BE8D8AC6C95.jpeg

Edited by MORNE

5 minutes ago, MORNE said:

So here it is…borderline a midlife crises purchase, the ‘biggest’ bike i’ve ever owned. It caught my eye months ago when it first got listed on here and nobody ‘wanted’ it.
Its MY size you see.

to paraphrase @Jewbacca, its rad and jizz worthy for sure…now i just need to learn to use it to at least 50% its capability haha. 

Cotic Rocket Max gen3 XL

Fox factor x2 

Lyrik ultimate 160mm

GX Axs/X01 groupset

Bikeyoke Revive dropper

Hope fortus 30 wheelset

formula Cura brakeset

WheelsMfg dub bb

#AllTheGearAndNoClue 

#FokJouEkDoenWatEkWil 

🤣

Wow, stunner!!!

Sure you will manage, from the little I know, you just point and hold on.

Enjoy your bike, next pic getting some air.

2 hours ago, MORNE said:

Its MY size you see.

Cotic Rocket Max gen3 XL

Fox factory x2 

Lyrik ultimate 160mm

GX Axs/X01 groupset

Bikeyoke Revive dropper

Hope fortus 30 wheelset

formula Cura brakeset

WheelsMfg dub bb

#AllTheGearAndNoClue 

#FokJouEkDoenWatEkWil 

🤣

There's a definite correlation in bike burlyness / intended purpose and posting a pic with the saddle dropped or raised. 

Someone posts their XC bike = Seatpost is a monolith of efficiency and wattage

Burly bike = Saddle should ideally be touching the rear tyre

That is a proper machine though! It's like Dropkick Murphies distilled into two wheeled form. 

Also a pretty wild pendulum swing from a gravel bike!

Edited by TyronLab

20 minutes ago, TyronLab said:

There's a definite correlation in bike burlyness / intended purpose and posting a pic with the saddle dropped or raised. 

That is a proper machine though! It's like Dropkick Murphies distilled into two wheeled form. 

thats as low as it goes with a 160mm dropper. If i want to have the saddle bussing the rear wheel id need a 260mm dropper post...and those dont exist(yet). I know there are 210 or 230 ones out there but this is a good one and at the end of they day i just need to be able to get behind it and and for that 160mm is enough drop...so it's staying. 

YES haha. the gravel bike will be for 'cycling'....this will be for doing dumb things.

Edited by MORNE

24 minutes ago, TyronLab said:

He needs a Rose Tattoo and he will be Good as Gold............ 

3 hours ago, MORNE said:

Its MY size you see.

Cotic Rocket Max gen3 XL

Fox factory x2 

Lyrik ultimate 160mm

GX Axs/X01 groupset

Bikeyoke Revive dropper

Hope fortus 30 wheelset

formula Cura brakeset

WheelsMfg dub bb

#AllTheGearAndNoClue 

#FokJouEkDoenWatEkWil 

🤣

What a stunner for sure! 

I have wanted to ride a steel fully after loving my steel trail HT so much. Outta interest, have you ridden it yet, because I am curious as to how a steel fully feels, surely it must be incredibly smooth and trail feedback is minimal.

Also it looks like some really nice parts, I can vouch for curas, the lyrik and the hope wheels/hubs, they are all solid parts that are easy to maintain and are super well made. (also the hope hubs sound rad if you are into that kinda thing)

So enjoy it bru, and please give us some feedback, as I may be keen to make a steel fully frame with Dave in the future if all goes well

1 hour ago, MTBRIDER1234 said:

What a stunner for sure! 

I have wanted to ride a steel fully after loving my steel trail HT so much. Outta interest, have you ridden it yet, because I am curious as to how a steel fully feels, surely it must be incredibly smooth and trail feedback is minimal.

Also it looks like some really nice parts, I can vouch for curas, the lyrik and the hope wheels/hubs, they are all solid parts that are easy to maintain and are super well made. (also the hope hubs sound rad if you are into that kinda thing)

So enjoy it bru, and please give us some feedback, as I may be keen to make a steel fully frame with Dave in the future if all goes well

Thanks! And no I have not, only finished it today…there isnt even sealant in the wheels yet. They went up dry so ill do that tomorrow so they can stretch a bit.

Other than cruising around the driveway to bed brakes and figure out how this AXS nonsense works - no ‘riding’.
Right now It feels BIG 😅, like 1350mm wheelbase big. Its close to half a meter longer than my vintage roady haha.  You definitely sit IN it not ON it. 

I can see its going to make me try and step up or go home for sure🤪. Its almost ‘cumbersome’ at walking pace due to its size so i can already tell it probably wants to go fast to come alive. The previous owner said the same thing. I might also just be used to the directness of all my rigid bikes over the past few years though. Its been a while since I've been on something like this - and that wasn't even mine. 

Re Hopes - yes I always try to go for hope hubs if i can. Got this wheelset for a VERY good price.  I have had a few sets of pro4’s in the past on other projects. I have RS4 pro’s on my gravel bike at the moment too. They just work and are easy to maintain at home.

This weekend looks wet but i really want to go feel it up inappropriately somewhere so ill see.  😅