Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

8 hours ago, MajG said:

Had my eye on this shoes.

Let me know how it is,was concerned they are narrow for my wide feet and has no toe protection 

I haven’t had any toe strikes yet but they’re not devoid of protection, mostdef have a somewhat firmer additional layer to the front and side of toes.  Great for wet weather riding.  Feet stayed dry and shoes don’t get soggy-heavy at all.

You’re right wrt them being a bit narrow, I usually use UK10 and chose a UK11 and it worked a treat.  For reference, apart from riding elsewhere on the half dozen days when the trails were too wet around here, I’ve used them about 26 hours on trails.  The soles of these Semenuk Pros are not as sticky as the Michelin-soled Culvert but they show no sign of any wear from my prominent pedal pins.

Only looked at them ’cos some comparative reviews rated them as equal or better than Freeriders, and they’ve very quickly become my fave pair.

Edited by justinafrika

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, Headshot said:

About to pull the pin on a R1500 diesel purchase! Can't wait.

Pics or it didn't happen!

19 hours ago, Headshot said:

Edited by justinafrika

7 hours ago, justinafrika said:

I haven’t had any toe strikes yet but they’re not devoid of protection, mostdef have a somewhat firmer additional layer to the front and side of toes.  Great for wet weather riding.  Feet stayed dry and shoes don’t get soggy-heavy at all.

You’re right wrt them being a bit narrow, I usually use UK10 and chose a UK11 and it worked a treat.  For reference, apart from riding elsewhere on the half dozen days when the trails were too wet around here, I’ve used them about 26 hours on trails.  The soles of these Semenuk Pros are not as sticky as the Michelin-soled Culvert but they show no sign of any wear from my prominent pedal pins.

Only looked at them ’cos some comparative reviews rated them as equal or better than Freeriders, and they’ve very quickly become my fave pair.

Glad to hear you having good experience thus far and especially with the winter we had in the cape, that water repelling is very handy.

I was just concerned about that toe box not having a decent toe protection as I get abit rowdy 😅 

Same reason with me, the reviews rated them very high and took me to go try them on and they well priced.

Enjoy it boet

9 hours ago, Headshot said:

Must be a small tank 😜 I don't splash out that much at a time, what if the vehicle gets stolen will the insurance compensate for a full tank 😂

1 hour ago, Me rida my bicycle said:

Must be a small tank 😜 I don't splash out that much at a time, what if the vehicle gets stolen will the insurance compensate for a full tank 😂

Don't mention the big vehicles with big fuel tanks, it may upset some people in another thread:ph34r:.

21 hours ago, Headshot said:

I have a golf with 55 litre tank. I tend to fill it with expensive diesel @£1-80 a litre. Last week I filled it +- 49 litres = 89 quid. About zar 2100. 

and there is talk of a diesel shortage in the world, so I am bracing myself. Thankfully I don’t drive a lot. Can’t afford too. 

13 hours ago, Mtree said:

Don't mention the big vehicles with big fuel tanks, it may upset some people in another thread:ph34r:.

Its only a 70l tanks and the 1.5k doesn't even fill it. 

• 2 weeks later...