Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

15 minutes ago, thebob said:

Sounds like there are a lot of people out there who need to do some basic suspension setup and bracketing 

its sooooooo needed 

but half of them will revert cause hey ....my racing damper needs to be comfortable 

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

55 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

That makes sense. I think I'm a victim of marketing schpieel because as I think about it, my 36 Rhythm isn't bad and I'm a big chap. It really takes the knocks I throw it's way in stride and makes my rides feel super fun. I haven't managed to bottom it out as yet. Can't say the same for the Float X though. 

I've had my issues with airshocks and never really settled in , my all time favourite was a float x tho 🤣

Invest in having the shock tuned for your weight and style during the next rebuild , will be far less than 10k and likely provide more value than you think 

Bought nothing new but decided to support my LBS and dropped my bike off for a fork service and asked her to give her some love 👌🏻👌🏻 o wait I did buy something two valve cores 🤣

4 hours ago, ewep said:

New gravel.  Color is Dried Tomato.  Die ou kiekie laat dit pienk lyk, maar is meer roes.

IMG_2851.jpg

Is that bike f&$king salmon.?! 😳😳

🤣🤣🤣

kidding, congratulations.! 💪🏼🥳🤘🏻

6 hours ago, BaGearA said:

its sooooooo needed 

but half of them will revert cause hey ....my racing damper needs to be comfortable 

The only bracketing an X2 needs involves a hammer…end then the bin. Objectively and widely considered one of the worst abominations to ever come out of the fox factory.

There are 3 types of X2 owners:

- ones that have blown theirs in 5 rides and are on their 3rd warranty replacement,

- ones that have a working X2 but live off social grants due to maintenance costs,

and then ones that are Jon Snow….

😅

Edited by MORNE

18 minutes ago, MORNE said:

The only bracketing an X2 needs involves a hammer…end then the bin. Objectively and widely considered one of the worst abominations to ever come out of the fox factory.

There are 3 types of X2 owners:

- ones that have blown theirs in 5 rides and are on their 3rd warranty replacement,

- ones that have a working X2 but live off social grants due to maintenance costs,

and then ones that are Jon Snow….

😅

then are the ones that go through the whole warranty process properly and have one of the best shocks available today..

Seriously I had one in 2018 and the performance was mind-blowing.....back then.

X2 is built for one very specific reason and it does that very well ....but not for us laymen's

The whole thing fox went through is a big blemish but it was properly sorted.

It is here! Crank based power meter.  It is not like the spider based power, so no left/right balance, but I don't care.  Now the torque wrench just needs to arrive then I can install!

image.jpeg.4611ff23d45e5b736c9beb33fbdec2ef.jpeg

image.jpeg.f2e4b47525285c297a77e72472ca1cbc.jpeg

1 hour ago, Phillippe Coetzee said:

My first ever proper pair of cycling glasses 👓 so tjaffed with myself 😊 a pair of Oakley BXTR’s

IMG_0335.jpeg

Lekka lekka @Phillippe Coetzee

Style Man, the authority on the customs and fashion etiquette in cycling strongly recommends:

1. Place arms of sunnies over helmet straps. There is also an aerodynamic advantage to not having straps flap in the wind.

2. Neatly tuck in the strap under your chin for a smoove look out there.

3. Either totally unzip your jersey when your radiator needs more air intake and look like you worked very hard out there or keep it zipped right to the top.

Eksê keep on going.

Edited by 'Dale

10 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

Lekka lekka @Phillippe Coetzee

Style Man, the authority on the customs and fashion etiquette in cycling strongly recommends:

1. Place arms of sunnies over helmet straps. There is also an aerodynamic advantage to not having straps flap in the wind.

2. Neatly tuck in the strap under your chin for a smoove look out there.

3. Either totally unzip your jersey when your radiator needs more air intake and look like you worked very hard out there or keep it zipped right to the top.

Eksê keep on going.

The more you know, still learning as I go. Still a newbie but love to learn 😊 thank you for the tips 👍🏼

3 minutes ago, Adr!@n said:

Taken in an industrial elevator... Outer Cycles - The Link

Basically been riding every single day. So good! 

image.jpeg.f2fad766bdddc462598878916c8d4f6d.jpeg

lekker pic

• 3 weeks later...

1 hour ago, Kom said:

NBD - My first mint-new bike in a while, zero miles, waiting on some dirt 👌

Credit to Freewheel Cycology and Jayden for excellent service as usual 💨🤩

Now for that Zwartberg entry ...

IMG_4360.jpeg

IMG_4359.jpeg

IMG_4358.jpeg

For someone who once tried to convince me not to buy a gravel bike, you sure have bought a lot of gravel bikes 🤣

45 minutes ago, MongooseMan said:

For someone who once tried to convince me not to buy a gravel bike, you sure have bought a lot of gravel bikes 🤣

I mean technically the Crux is a CX bike trying to be a gravel bike 😂