Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you switch between forks?

Yes, I have both, so switching forks to whatever mood I'm in. The Mattoc got some fresh oil early this morning, so time to go on!

Edited by nox1111

post-32865-14874355617719.jpg

b4d2c5d9733704a1a52855a5c08e5f9f.jpg

Not really something I bought, got the wheelset from a friend, the front 15mm thru axle converter to quick release from a friendly hubber and had the rear wheel 12mm thru axle made by a friend today so now I've got the new wheelset on and can't wait for tomorrow mornings ride.

"Keep the rubber on the gravel "

Edited by BSG

Also fitted the new rear tyre.

WTB Breakout 2.5 front and WTB Trail Boss 2.4 rear.  Front has 5 -7mm clearance left on the Mattoc, so now we know the size limits of non-boost forks.

Grip is phenomenal, but more intensive and repetitive "testing" would have to be done just to be sure.

Rolling resistance is pretty good.

Also fork serviced, and massaged and is now even better than before.

Bike feels so dialled. Amped

post-2231-0-98989000-1487575701_thumb.jpg

Yes, I have both, so switching forks to whatever mood I'm in. The Mattoc got some fresh oil early this morning, so time to go on!

I"m looking for a new front' for my hardtail. Gotta get rid of those god awful Nobby 2's. so Spez' Slaughter is going up the back and was mulling over the Ibex for the front butt that breakout looks niiiiice. 

On the subject of Mattoc's, I am loving mine. It's only the Comp' version but it's 160mm and has the same Dorado air as the rest of the range just not as much adjustability (thankfully as I want to dial it in once then ride). It's no where near broken in yet but it's just so good. Took a while to get the travel sorted but not it's do it's rides so well, easily as good as my Pike. 

I"m looking for a new front' for my hardtail. Gotta get rid of those god awful Nobby 2's. so Spez' Slaughter is going up the back and was mulling over the Ibex for the front butt that breakout looks niiiiice. 

On the subject of Mattoc's, I am loving mine. It's only the Comp' version but it's 160mm and has the same Dorado air as the rest of the range just not as much adjustability (thankfully as I want to dial it in once then ride). It's no where near broken in yet but it's just so good. Took a while to get the travel sorted but not it's do it's rides so well, easily as good as my Pike. 

just beware - teh Ibex is good, but show it a wet root and its feet go out from under it faster than a russian hooker. 

It's also very pressure sensitive. 

try this: https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/166410-manitou-fork-tuning-get-your-mattoc-etc-buttery-smooth/

I'm running 145mm and that has turned my bike into a rocket. 145mm Front / 140mm rear.  Deffo not a DH rig, but super capable.

Edited by nox1111

just beware - teh Ibex is good, but show it a wet root and its feet go out from under it faster than a russian hooker. 

It's also very pressure sensitive. 

I'm running an Ibex on on my tranny and it's great. I run it about around the 18 - 20 psi and work form me. Was looking at the Butcher or a Bronson for the 650b. Any thoughts as an alternative to just popping off another Ibex? 

This,a 2013 canyon dhx

Weighs 17.4kg including pedals

:-) sram x9 10 speed,hope brakes truvavite chain device,ringle and nukeproof hubs raider rims,and a 2015 fox 40, super tacky minions 2.50, can't bottom the bike or slip out,frames easy to control in the air

Best bike ever ridden

df0036a15005144e6df06df84753d4e5.jpg

This,a 2013 canyon dhx

Weighs 17.4kg including pedals

:-) sram x9 10 speed,hope brakes truvavite chain device,ringle and nukeproof hubs raider rims,and a 2015 fox 40, super tacky minions 2.50, can't bottom the bike or slip out,frames easy to control in the air

Best bike ever ridden

df0036a15005144e6df06df84753d4e5.jpg

may have to change your name to canyon'er or something...

Edited by nox1111

I'm running an Ibex on on my tranny and it's great. I run it about around the 18 - 20 psi and work form me. Was looking at the Butcher or a Bronson for the 650b. Any thoughts as an alternative to just popping off another Ibex? 

Minion :)

Or try that e13 TRS Plus. By all accounts, it's a monster of a tyre. The only one to really assault the top of the rung that the Magic Mary inhabits.