Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

Well done gents!

I have said it before but TMTB must be an organization with some of the best service and organizing I have ever seen. Picked up my board this week and realized just how spot on they are again.

I bought in December, and went to Bloemendal for it.

Got to choose our numbers.  Ended up with a numbers matching set for Maritz (dependant) and myself.  :clap:   :clap:

PS - IF you want to remove the board between rides .... SportsmansWarehouse sells "pump straps".  VERY handy to use these velcro straps for the boards.  BUT, you must ASK for it at the cycling department, the straps are kept in the back of the store ....

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to choose our numbers.  Ended up with a numbers matching set for Maritz (dependant) and myself.  :clap:   :clap:

PS - IF you want to remove the board between rides .... SportsmansWarehouse sells "pump straps".  VERY handy to use these velcro straps for the boards.  BUT, you must ASK for it at the cycling department, the straps are kept in the back of the store ....

kief, what did they ask for the straps ... last time I saw any they were ridiculously overpriced.

R15 each (R30 per bike)

hardly worth the effort of getting velcro from the hardware store and trying to make something up myself .... 

Also bought in December...didn't get to choose my numbers though... :wacko:

I use reusable cable ties. Cant remember where I got them from tho.

Outdoor Warehouse and most off road 4x4 type shops will stock them.

Chapter2 Tere, Her name is Terry. I didnt have time to take on the road pics as yet but I have been riding her and she is stiff AF!!! Power goes where it needs to. Please forgive the white saddle, I am looking around for a black perch.

All in 7.72kgs as on the pics, I need to fit the red cassette still and that should knock about 150g and the possibly lighter pedals

post-35789-0-56111200-1515744169_thumb.jpg

post-35789-0-16765900-1515744199_thumb.jpg

post-35789-0-50217800-1515744238_thumb.jpg

post-35789-0-78460100-1515744287_thumb.jpg

Maori artwork on the downtube

post-35789-0-11507800-1515744352_thumb.jpg

Just a pity I do not have the fitness to do her any justice :thumbdown:  :whistling:

Chapter2 Tere, Her name is Terry. I didnt have time to take on the road pics as yet but I have been riding her and she is stiff AF!!! Power goes where it needs to. Please forgive the white saddle, I am looking around for a black perch.

All in 7.72kgs as on the pics, I need to fit the red cassette still and that should knock about 150g and the possibly lighter pedals

attachicon.gifIMG_20180111_162559.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20180111_162603.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20180111_162638.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20180111_163606.jpg

Maori artwork on the downtube

attachicon.gifIMG_20180111_163625.jpg

Just a pity I do not have the fitness to do her any justice :thumbdown:  :whistling:

omw, that's such an attractive bike! what's your build-out on that beauty?

Uhm ja .... not a glamorous purchase .....

Took the cassette off and got a shock to see just how much gunk accumulates inside the gears !!

Went out and got the "thin brush" to be able to clean the gears without having to remove the cassette -

post-110956-0-26744000-1515852504_thumb.jpg

Edited by ChrisF

Took the cassette off and got a shock to see just how much gunk accumulates inside the gears !!

Went out and got the "thin brush" to be able to clean the gears without having to remove the cassette -

attachicon.gif20180113_160038.jpg

Useful set you got there, you can also use a thin screwdriver to scrape out the worst of the gunk before scrubbing out the rest.

Sent from my S40 using Tapatalk

Useful set you got there, you can also use a thin screwdriver to scrape out the worst of the gunk before scrubbing out the rest.

Sent from my S40 using Tapatalk

Gave Maritz's Momsen a service.  Me cleaning the chain and gears.  Maritz washing his bike ...

The "thin brush" really works nicely to clean out the rear gear set !  :thumbup:

The "brush" removes most of the grime.  I had to use the serrated edge to scrape out a couple of tough items.  Small screw driver would certainly do the job, but this tool really makes the job so much easier.  :clap:   :clap:

PS - made a nice wooden structure to hold the rear wheel at an angle - in order to be able to wash and brush the rear cogg without getting cleaning fluid on the brake disc, and running down the rim.  I still clean the brake disc with alchol before putting it back in the bike, dont want chemicals getting onto the brake pads.

20180113_160038.jpg

I like your cleaning set... Idea with the wheel at an angle is also nice...

omw, that's such an attractive bike! what's your build-out on that beauty?

Build Specs:

Chapter2 Tere frameset

Sram Red Etap shiftset with Force crank arms and Power2max type S power meter

Sram red brake calipers

Fizik Cyrano R1 400mm bar and matching 100mm Stem

Fizik Performance bar tape

Light Bicycle 45mm U-shape carbon rims laced to Hope Mono RS hubs

25mm Continental GP 4000sII

Old Shimano Dura Ace pedals

attachicon.gif20180113_160038.jpg

This is a good buy. I was doing some maintenance on my bike today and could've used something like this to brush the teeth.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk