Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

With hindsight I should have bought cheap cages and just filled my bottles 5% less for the weight saving.

I will propably not buy any other material bottle cage other than carbon.  My carbon cages I have bought has outlived all the material cages by ages.  Well worth the money spent especially if you scored some on a sale.

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Think I finally got a descent bike light. Have been going through many different types over the years. Decided I need something really good this year. Have been looking around for some time to find something that is good and with the right price. Till last week I found a special at online shop in Austria. Bought this for 84€. I am very happy with what I got. All the boxes are checked.

• Various settings for very bright for dart forested roads to dim in city traffic.
  • Single Unit (I do not like this battery hanging between the legs on the frame. You know I have a canyon and it might crack the frame :whistling: )
  • Long lasting battery (that seems hard to find)
  • USB Chargable
  • Water resistant

Light1.jpeg

Light2.jpeg

Seems like it even punches a hole in the fog ;)

They are awesome. I have the 600 and it's enough for early mornings.

They are awesome. I have the 600 and it's enough for early mornings.

The irony is that according to law the light is too bright for use on the road as a bike light but at least I can dim it down in town or when required.  But I needed something very bright when cycling through the forested areas to give me a fighting chance to spot a deer or a squirrel when they come bolting out of nowhere.

I will propably not buy any other material bottle cage other than carbon.  My carbon cages I have bought has outlived all the material cages by ages.  Well worth the money spent especially if you scored some on a sale.

Thanks and good to know, they were discounted by 25% which made it seem less extravagant!

Only one thing I have to say about that Hi-Fi.... 

EEEEEEEUW....

:P

like that 'fork', even the right hand side of that stereo is missing something..... ^_^

Gatvol of the back of the hatchback systems... bought it off eBay for 98 quid. Second hand but in perfect,condition. Took me around 30 minutes to put it all together et voila.

This has been a dream of mine for a wile, thinking of building my own. [emoji848][emoji57]

Pricing on these are just silly in SA.

Edited by BSG

Not cycling specific, but I will be using this purchase to commute to work (on both the petrol powered and leg powered 2 wheel steeds).

In fact it was purchased on my commute to work where I happened to ride past the local Suzuki dealership and they happened to have some in stock  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :lol:

Kriega R20

kriega_r20_backpack_black_750x750.jpg

Simple and spacious (20L). Classic Kriega rugged quality finish.

http://lghttp.26404.nexcesscdn.net/80B717/aerostich/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/960x/040ec09b1e35df139433887a97daa66f/9/1/9196_1b_1.jpg

Uses Kriega's Quadloc system (similar to USWE) in order to free up arms and transfer weight to torso from shoulders.

Can take hydration bladder and back protector insert (CE Level 2)

kriega-r20-backpack-us10.jpg?format=1000

Also allows for expansion via the adding of a 5L or 10L dry pack (I have a 10L lying around)

All in all, top stuff from Kriega as usual.

Edited by patches

Not cycling specific, but I will be using this purchase to commute to work (on both the petrol powered and leg powered 2 wheel steeds).

In fact it was purchased on my commute to work where I happened to ride past the local Suzuki dealership and they happened to have some in stock  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :lol:

Kriega R20

kriega_r20_backpack_black_750x750.jpg

Simple and spacious (20L). Classic Kriega rugged quality finish.

http://lghttp.26404.nexcesscdn.net/80B717/aerostich/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/960x/040ec09b1e35df139433887a97daa66f/9/1/9196_1b_1.jpg

Uses Kriega's Quadloc system (similar to USWE) in order to free up arms and transfer weight to torso from shoulders.

Can take hydration bladder and back protector insert (CE Level 2)

kriega-r20-backpack-us10.jpg?format=1000

Also allows for expansion via the adding of a 5L or 10L dry pack (I have a 10L lying around)

All in all, top stuff from Kriega as usual.

Very nice, I shudder to ask the price.......

post-35569-0-56466200-1537254430_thumb.jpg

So I have a pair of these, and have a serious question for guys who have these or similar.

My shoes feel like the "box" section pushes into the shoe. The best way to explain it is to say it feels like there is a 80mm x 40mm protrusion into the shoe that you physically feel like you are standing on all the time you pedal.

It puts pressure to the point that my toes will go numb on a 6km little trundle.

If I look down the inside though it does not look like it is pushing through..........

I assume this is not normal right?

Anybody care to tell me if they have the same issue.

Pics posted are not my actual shoe but the same model.